Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why we'll win (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32584)

steelerchad 01-28-2009 10:24 AM

Why we'll win

The obvious matchup is the Arizona Passing offense against the Steeler Passing Defense.

Their passing game is clicking now. But they have been shut down by far less talented defensive units this year. They haven't faced a D even close to ours because there isn't one. If you look at the passing stats the Steelers have allowed an avg. of 157yds/gm.

The next closest is Baltimore with 180 yds/gm.
There are 9 teams between 180-200 yds/gm.
So teams ranked #2-9 are within 20 yards of each other top to bottom. Yet we are 23 yards/gm better than #2 Baltomore. That is a clear and decisive advantage.

The Arizona pass attack is good, but it has been proven that it can be stopped. No one has proven they could pass effectively on our Defense.

When you flip the field around I also feel that our Offense, although it has struggled at times will be able to move the ball against a mediocre Arizona Defense. If this team would happen to win this game, this could be the worst Defense to ever win a SB.

Let's make sure that doesn't happen.
Steelers 31
Cards 17

tattooboyzgirl 01-28-2009 10:30 AM

Re: Why we'll win

Very good post and I agree but another big reason we will win? They disrespected the terrible towel!!!!!! :mad:

steelreserve 01-28-2009 10:50 AM

I don't get why people suddenly think Warner and Fitzgerald are unstoppable and we'll have problems matching up against them. They're not the first good quarterback and the first good receivers we've faced. And Arizona lost almost half their games this year. Short of a 5-TD game, Fitzgerald is not going to save them from getting dickstomped.

Pitt$burgh$teeler$ 01-28-2009 12:04 PM

Thank You Cudnt Said It Better Steel Reserve !!

Hines0wnz 01-28-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerchad (Post 545446)

When you flip the field around I also feel that our Offense, although it has struggled at times will be able to move the ball against a mediocre Arizona Defense. If this team would happen to win this game, this could be the worst Defense to ever win a SB.

Hmmm.....I remember the Colts' D was pretty mediocre looking until they made their playoff run 2 years ago. You cant use regular season numbers once the playoffs begin as they tend not to be indicative for games' outcome.

SteelerFanInCA 01-28-2009 12:52 PM

To me the Steelers seem to be really focused on getting this last "W".

Mags87 01-28-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines0wnz (Post 545621)
Hmmm.....I remember the Colts' D was pretty mediocre looking until they made their playoff run 2 years ago. You cant use regular season numbers once the playoffs begin as they tend not to be indicative for games' outcome.

i think you can if the regular season numbers are almost identical to the postseason numbers. I.E. Steelers Defense

steelpride12 01-28-2009 01:37 PM

There defense though has stepped up and all together they are a much better team now then they were in the regular season. Warner will get time to pass due to the great play of the OL in the playoffs even with the 31st ranked rushing attack in the regular season, the playoffs brought a much different and better Arizona team and the game will be better and more challenging that we all think.

CanadianSteel 01-28-2009 01:57 PM

I think the game will be close just as most of our games this year.... if you read inot the media hype you would think Warner and Fitz are unstopable... Our D will show up you cant count on it...I worry more about Boldin and Breason and special teams...

westcoastransplant 01-28-2009 02:29 PM

Cards fans like to say that our D didn't play any high powered offenses like Baltimore, Cinci and Cleveland. They say that this pads their stats. Nevermind our D face 4 of the top 10 and 7 of the top 15.

But the arguement can be swung the other way. Their offense faced the #28th and 30th ranked defennse twice a piece in St. Louis and San Fransisco. And San Francisco was 20th against the pass. This can be argued as padding the offensive stats of the Cards.