Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Az employers discriminate against Steeler fans!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32701)

varmintjcl 01-29-2009 12:01 PM

Az employers discriminate against Steeler fans!!!

The employee's of Banner Health have been sent a memo from their dept supervisors that states if you do not choose to support the cardinals, you must wear your usual proffessional attire.

Maybe the administratration needs a couple thousand emails

http://www.bannerhealth.com/About+Us...Leadership.htm

kittenfantastico76 01-29-2009 12:08 PM

Re: Az employers discriminate against Steeler fans!!!

Are you serious?!?! WTF? That's rude! Maybe they shouldn't have a "spirit day" if they can't be open minded about supporting your chosen team!!!

varmintjcl 01-29-2009 12:11 PM

I'd put in a copy of the actual email, but my family member protested to the supervisor & was shot down, so if they traced it back it could jeopardize their job.

I suppose their reasoning is due to fear more employee's would come to work in Steelers attire than cardinals attire.

Godfather 01-29-2009 01:56 PM

Someone should run names like Vince Tobin and Gary Hogeboom by this supervisor...if or more likely WHEN the supervisor returns a blank stare, he has to shut up.

varmintjcl 01-29-2009 05:48 PM

found the email of the facility ceo ********

fansince'76 01-29-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varmintjcl (Post 546822)
I'd put in a copy of the actual email, but my family member protested to the supervisor & was shot down, so if they traced it back it could jeopardize their job.

I suppose their reasoning is due to fear more employee's would come to work in Steelers attire than cardinals attire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varmintjcl (Post 547042)
found the email of the facility ceo

Is your family member the only Steelers fan there that complained? They might get in trouble anyway if people wind up :spam:ming the big boss' Email inbox over it. Something like this is just not worth taking the chance of getting a pink slip over, especially in this economy. I hope you don't mind, but I removed the name of the CEO and their Email address for now as I don't want to take the chance of your family member getting terminated because of what people here at SF did. I have saved the CEO's name and Email addy in case you want me to put them back, though.

varmintjcl 01-29-2009 06:34 PM

Thanks,
probably a bad idea.......don't know if the email was limited to 1 dept or the whole facilty.....its too late anyway even if they changed their policy as they wouldn't find out until tomorrow. She's just going to wear a gold blouse with black slacks and wear her Steeler ear rings.They only said they couldn't wear a Steelers shirt.:tt02:

fansince'76 01-29-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varmintjcl (Post 547072)
Thanks,
probably a bad idea.......don't know if the email was limited to 1 dept or the whole facilty.....its too late anyway even if they changed their policy as they wouldn't find out until tomorrow. She's just going to wear a gold blouse with black slacks and wear her Steeler ear rings.They only said they couldn't wear a Steelers shirt.:tt02:

No problem - I hate to edit folks' posts, and I hope you didn't mind me doing so. :drink:

Preacher 01-29-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varmintjcl (Post 547072)
Thanks,

Good for her!!

varmintjcl 01-30-2009 12:14 AM

Where do these idiots get off!!!
Now my daughter comes home from work & her boss's wife came into the office(vet clinic) and made her remove her name tag because it said Go Steelers. Then she tells the others they can keep theirs on that say go cardinals.:banging:

I think these morons create their own bad mojo.