Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Member Hello from DaSteelFan (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=33472)

DaSteelFan 02-05-2009 04:36 PM

New Member Hello from DaSteelFan

:helmet: Hello All,

It has been a long time since I have been a part of a Steeler forum. I used to belong to one years ago that was great.Maybe some of you knew the great man who hosted. His name was Dave, but I don't remember his last name. He was retired coast guard and attended the training camps every year, and would report on players performace. He was a class act! I miss him...he passed away years ago and I would like to shout out to Dave "You Are Missed"

My father grew up in Coriopolis, PA and I still have family in the area, but I was born and raised in California. I have been a Steeler fan from birth, and my three children are Steeler fans from birth as well. The start of a new generation of Steeler Fans!

Proof of my Steeler fanaticism is the name of my business...Allegheny Pacific Insurance Services, Inc. Do you know how many people in Ca don't know what or where the Allegheny is? Let me tell you...lots and most cannot pronounce it!

I know I will find this somewhere in the forums, but I just have to get this off my chest now! Why is it that after the Steelers win a super bowl talkstarts appening about some play that shouldn't have occurred and they start the what if's. The one I am speaking of is James Harrison's pick 6. Have any of you heard the talke about a clip on the play and that it should not have been a TD? Here is the greatest play in Super Bowl HISTORY and they are ripping it...Aurgh! :mad:

SteelersMongol 02-06-2009 09:42 PM

Re: New Member Hello from DaSteelFan

Welcome & enjoy.

Galax Steeler 02-07-2009 06:14 AM

Welcome to the board.

SteelfanDFW 02-08-2009 10:30 AM

I'm new here too, so welcome! I'm also born and raised in CA but have been a Steeler fan for life because my mom is from Ellwood City in western PA. That part of the family are huge Steeler fans and I used to spend a lot of time visiting with them. I am with you on how discouraging it is to have the Steelers win the SB and then the whining follows about how we didn't deserve it and how games are given to us. I don't remember this when the Colts or Giants won theirs in recent years. I hate it!! Well anyway I am one Californian who knows what the Alleghany is....LOL

DaSteelFan 02-08-2009 02:39 PM

Thank you!

DaSteelFan 02-08-2009 02:48 PM

Hello there..it seems that there are many of us here in Ca but not many who know the Allegheny. Yeah the whinning continues. First it was the greatest SB of all tiem, then it was given to us...

steelerbackr4life 02-08-2009 03:12 PM

Welcome. There will always be people who will look to de legitimize a teams victory. I believe the current slang term for these people is haters. Enjoy the Board

HometownGal 02-08-2009 06:46 PM

Hiya DaSteelFan and welcome to Steelers Fever! :wave::tt03::tt02: We're happy to have you as a member of our black 'n gold family! :drink: