Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   as a pirate fan (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=33754)

kingkulsteel 02-12-2009 07:27 PM

as a pirate fan

I always get excited about the season. however this year I know its going to be tough. a question mark at 6 of the 8 every day positions and lets face it pitching won't be great either. Do we think Cutch will make the team this year? With this down baseball economy we should be spending a little

Benzbrother 02-12-2009 07:35 PM

Re: as a pirate fan

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkulsteel (Post 563640)
I always get excited about the season. however this year I know its going to be tough. a question mark at 6 of the 8 every day positions and lets face it pitching won't be great either. Do we think Cutch will make the team this year? With this down baseball economy we should be spending a little

I really don't have high hopes for this year either. All indications are, barring an unbelievable performance in spring training, Cutch probably won't be up (at least until late) this season. I don't know what they have to lose, I wish they would just start him in the majors. They keep saying that he isn't developed yet, but isn't that kind of their fault? Just give the kid a shot

steelpride12 02-12-2009 08:43 PM

As a pirates fan here as well love the start of a season but about 10 straight losses later i realize the sad truth.

T.Richardson 02-14-2009 09:37 AM

have some faith guys! The Pirates will be getting better soon!

SteelCityMan786 02-14-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Richardson (Post 564514)
have some faith guys! The Pirates will be getting better soon!

They'll start winning eventually. (Just hopefully that happens before I am 6 ft. in the ground)

Benzbrother 02-14-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 564542)
They'll start winning eventually. (Just hopefully that happens before I am 6 ft. in the ground)

lol yea thats the problem....we don't know when "eventually" is haha

SteelCityKing 02-14-2009 11:23 AM

i have nothing but love for the Pittsburgh Pirates. but i know the sad truth that they pretty much suck. SO, with that said, i will be attending a ot of the games this year in hopes that we can atleast break .500 and snap "The Curse of the Bonds-Bino." because the Pirates haven't been the same since Bonds left. haha!

T.Richardson 02-14-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityKing (Post 564558)
i have nothing but love for the Pittsburgh Pirates. but i know the sad truth that they pretty much suck. SO, with that said, i will be attending a ot of the games this year in hopes that we can atleast break .500 and snap "The Curse of the Bonds-Bino." because the Pirates haven't been the same since Bonds left. haha!

well, he couldnt throw out that slowest man on earth Sid Bream who score the game winning run for the Braves!! :mad:

SteelCityKing 02-14-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Richardson (Post 564568)
well, he couldnt throw out that slowest man on earth Sid Bream who score the game winning run for the Braves!! :mad:

haha! i love when my friends and family all sit down and talk Pirates and everybody mentions the name Sid Bream and people get FURIOUS! i love it! haha!

but in the same sense, it sucks because that was our last little glimmer of hope and things haven't been the same since. =(

T.Richardson 02-14-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityKing (Post 564571)
haha! i love when my friends and family all sit down and talk Pirates and everybody mentions the name Sid Bream and people get FURIOUS! i love it! haha!

but in the same sense, it sucks because that was our last little glimmer of hope and things haven't been the same since. =(

but...what about the freak show team of '97? they were like 5 games out of .500 and close to the playoffs. That would have been our last hope.