Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Marcus Vick kicked out at VT. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3430)

Ambridge 01-06-2006 04:19 PM

Marcus Vick kicked out at VT.

I just heard it on the local news that Virginia Tech has permanently dismissed Marcus Vick from the football team and the University for his latest incident when he stepped/stomped on the leg of a University of Louisville player this past week in the Gator Bowl.

I absolutely love it. Vick is getting his just deserts.

:fingers:-Marcus Vick

tony hipchest 01-06-2006 04:22 PM

Re: Marcus Vick kicked out at VT.

damn! im stunned. i cant believe an organization actually stepped up and did the right thing in regards to a major money maker of an athelete. too bad the eagles didnt have those type of cojones in the preseason with t.o. i guess he WILL be either a raven or raider come april.

Prosdo 01-06-2006 04:23 PM

I'm glad to hear this. Someone posted up the video from that game. What Marcus did was totally uncalled for and showed a complete lack of class.

SteelerDan43 01-06-2006 04:24 PM

Good Riddance. He is the next Clarrett

Prosdo 01-06-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i guess he WILL be either a raven or raider come april.

lmao I was just thinking the same thing. The Ravens and Raiders probably have him high on their lists.

BB2W 01-06-2006 04:24 PM

Wow... this kid is trying to screw up what may have been a nice career. He will probabally just leach of his rich brother for the rest of his life. I saw the kick... what was he thinking???

Prosdo 01-06-2006 04:26 PM

Here's the article

Hokies end ties with troubled QB Vick

RICHMOND, Va. -- The president of Virginia Tech said Friday that quarterback Marcus Vick has been permanently dismissed from the football team.

University president Charles Steger announced the dismissal on the same day that coach Frank Beamer met with Vick and his mother in their Hampton Roads home, the school said. Beamer informed them of the decision during the meeting.

The junior quarterback stomped on Elvis Dumervil's leg after the Louisville defensive end tackled Vick on Monday during the first half of the Toyota Gator Bowl.

He also faces charges of speeding and driving on a suspended driver's license, Cpl. James West said Friday. Police stopped Vick in Hampton on Dec. 17, and he was charged with driving 38 mph in a 25 mph zone, the police spokesman said.

Virginia Tech had suspended him for all of the 2004 season because of legal troubles. At the time, Steger said if Vick faced additional off-field troubles, "his Virginia Tech career is effectively ended."

Vick was not penalized for the Dumervil incident but was rebuked at halftime of the Gator Bowl by quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, who said he even considered pulling Vick from the lineup.

Vick said later it was "an accidental play, and football is football." He also said he had apologized to Dumervil. Dumervil said no apology had been offered.

"A no-character individual," Dumervil said after the game.

Vick threw two touchdown passes and led a 22-point, fourth-quarter rally for the No. 12 Hokies, who beat the No. 15 Cardinals 35-24.

Rogers, who has mentored Vick in his on-field and off-field behavior, was livid with his quarterback, chewing him out at halftime, and after the game.

"There's no reason for that in the game," Rogers said. "It's flat-out embarrassing. I don't coach that way, and I don't expect him to play that way."

The incident is the latest trouble for Vick since he elected to follow his brother, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, to Virginia Tech. The elder Vick led the Hokies to the 1999 national championship game and was the first pick of the 2001 draft.

Marcus Vick played in 11 games as a backup in his freshman year, then was suspended from school last season after he was arrested, along with teammates Mike Imoh and Brenden Hill, for giving alcohol to 14- and 15-year-old girls. He pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge.

The younger Vick also later pleaded guilty to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession after a police stop in July 2004.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...ory?id=2282642

Livinginthe past 01-06-2006 05:01 PM

Thats certainly good news - its refreshing to see football teams making the morally correct decision instead of the one that suits them best.

Maybe teams are starting to wise up to the fact that no amount of talent is worth having scum like that in your locker room.
Maybe my prediction will come true after all - Faiders or ratbirds it is.

NM

Suitanim 01-06-2006 05:41 PM

Wouldn't it be great if younger Vick and Ron Mexico were both out of football permanantly in a few years?

tony hipchest 01-06-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Wouldn't it be great if younger Vick and Ron Mexico were both out of football permanantly in a few years?

ron mexico might make a nice situational receiver for the steelers :grin: