Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fans United (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   outta-tahn Stiller fans / opinion of new home-team & their fans? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34317)

4xSBChamps 03-03-2009 07:52 AM

outta-tahn Stiller fans / opinion of new home-team & their fans?

..... STAN..... GUY..... luv-'da-show.....

first-time-listener, long-time caller.....

.....after 47+ years in S.W. Taxylvania, I moved to central Floriduh on Opening Day '06 (Thursday-Night game), and I'm kinda entertained by the local Yucs, and their fans.

I'm curious if other Stiller-fans feel the same-way about their new 'adopted' home-team, and their fans?
:noidea:

Ah'll hang-up, an' wait fer yinz'-answer.....
:popcorn:

jev7452 03-03-2009 08:30 AM

Re: outta-tahn Stiller fans / opinion of new home-team & their fans?

haha yeah definitely.. i moved from erie, pa to charlotte/wilmington, nc about 6 years ago and panthers fans CRACK ME UP!!! i do give the real fans that have been with their team since the beginning some credit, but all the others i've encountered just have no idea what they are talking about!! i dont think i've ever heard as much **** talking as i have since i've lived here, which has in turned, made me hate the panthers ((especially jake delhomo))

CaliSteelerFan 04-16-2009 11:30 AM

It's the same out here in Cali. There are a lot of Cryboy fans and Faider fans. Every time I see a Cryboy fan I look at them and put up 6 fingers. I like it when I take my 7 year old son Bradshaw to one of the local sports marts and when he acts up I like to say "stop your crying, your'e acting like Tony Romo the Homo". It's fun to watch the looks on the Cowboy's fans faces.

4xSBChamps 04-16-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliSteelerFan (Post 591112)
..... my 7 year old son Bradshaw .....

" ..... I think it's incredibly-awesome that you named your son after a Steeler Quarterback.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...-thumbs-up.jpg

I'd like to introduce him to my two sons, 'Walker', and 'Texas Ranger' !"

Seriously, I think that's cool..... a friend of mine named his son 'Mario' 20 years ago, in-honor of Mario Lemieux, and I understand he currently plays college hockey.

:thumbsup:

CaliSteelerFan 04-16-2009 02:31 PM

We love our Steelers. Wife and I are branded with the logo and we are very proud. We would like to get Bradshaw into football soon but he is really more interested in the skateboarding scene for now.

steelersfanman92 04-16-2009 03:06 PM

I live in Indy and I cannot stand the majority of Colts fans. They are some of the most fairweather fans you will ever meet but what bothers me the most is you rarely seen anything Colts during the off season and the only time people ever wear jerseys is Sunday during the season and a few people Monday if they win.

memphissteelergirl 04-17-2009 10:43 AM

Lifelong resident of Memphis, TN here...."adopted" the Steelers as my team some 30+years ago.

There are your obligatory Titans fans here, but for the most part there are more Cryboy fans than anything else. And BOY are they upset about us getting to 6 SB championships :chuckle:

As Peezy once said...."I laugh at your sorrows." :applaudit:

SteelersGirlTN7 04-17-2009 09:00 PM

Well, being in Nashville, of course I must deal with the Titans fans - who still give me crap about the Towel incident. I just shrug it off lol We got the last laugh anyway! When the team came to town, I lost my respect for them because of what some of the fans did. This town wasn't ready for NFL. When they were still the Oilers and played at Vanderbilt, my parents and I went to that game. We were in the same division back then, and they swept us. When we came out,. of course, some of the people had brooms, and were taunting; thats fine! Whatever! But the bad part was, some fool pushed over a little kid for having a Steelers jersey on, and others were squirting oil on cars as they drove down West End Ave. Over the years, I have come to find that Titans fans do some of the worst trashtalking, with really nothing to back it up! I love it!! Of course, on the brighter side, Nashville has plenty of Steelers fans left here, from back in the day before they had their own team!

kmsteelerwr15 04-17-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jev7452 (Post 573789)
haha yeah definitely.. i moved from erie, pa to charlotte/wilmington, nc about 6 years ago and panthers fans CRACK ME UP!!! i do give the real fans that have been with their team since the beginning some credit, but all the others i've encountered just have no idea what they are talking about!! i dont think i've ever heard as much **** talking as i have since i've lived here, which has in turned, made me hate the panthers ((especially jake delhomo))

Ya tell me about it, i moved to Charlotte in the middle of the 2003 season and cannot stand the panthers b/c of the majority of their fans, but i will also give some of my friends credit since they do know what they are talking about.

now i go to school in greeneville, tn and suprisingly havent really encountered any titans fans, but i am ready for them :thumbsup:

steelwall 04-17-2009 10:40 PM

Hey hey...why all the dumping on Panthers fans in NC? I'm from N.C. Seriously though by brother was a Cowboys fan before the Panthers came into the league and he immediately jumped ship, and couldn't understand why I didn't.

Truth be known I don't like the Panthers either, but not all the Panther fans know nothing about football. My bro knows as much about the game as I do, but most of these people where fans of another team at one time....