Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   herm edwards a chief. parcells will stay (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3432)

tony hipchest 01-06-2006 06:06 PM

herm edwards a chief. parcells will stay

chiefs give up a 4th round pick to the jets for herm and parcells signed a 2 year extension. i hope to watch the cowboys suck another year and make him quit (once again)

Ambridge 01-06-2006 06:48 PM

Re: herm edwards a chief. parcells will stay

I really don't understand Kansas City going after Herm Edwards.
Herm's had a few good seasons with the Jets but he's really not accomplished anything special in New York and he's been notoriously bad with clock management and in game decisions making.

tony hipchest 01-06-2006 07:04 PM

i guess because hes a dick vermiel protege who had his endorsement and his excellent motivational skills. his in game mgmt does seem to be the knock on him though. atleast hes a defensive minded coach. i think dick vermiel had alot to do with this decision

Suitanim 01-06-2006 07:52 PM

They'll have a honeymoon year in KC, go 12-4, win the division and lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs next year...

3 to be 4 01-07-2006 09:53 AM

you know whats interesting?
Belichick takes a bad team in Cleveland, eventually builds them into a very good 11-5 playoff team, before Modell submarines everything in 1995.
so...1 playoff team in 5 years and hes a "failure in Cleveland"
Vermeil has 1 playoff team in 5 years and is a great success.
Herm Edwards has 3 playoff teams in 5 years and is considered a step down in KC?

please explain all this to me.

RoethlisBURGHer 01-07-2006 12:07 PM

I think KC will have a better team next year.Herm is a very disciplined guy,and it'll show in the Chiefs play.

I wonder if we'll see all of Herm's press conferances now that he's out of NY's media glare?

SteelCityMan786 01-07-2006 12:18 PM

That's real Cheap. The Jets Get a Draft Pick In Exchange. I didn't know you were allowed to trade coaches.

BlitzburghRockCity 01-07-2006 12:22 PM

Yeah values and respect for the game landed him that job in KC. I'd venture a guess that the STeelers would have gone after him had we needed a coach. He's a rooney type of coach, and the chiefs are very well respected around the league just like we are.

3 to be 4 01-07-2006 01:01 PM

Edwards is a terrific coach. He took mediocre Jet teams very far. hey, remember last years playoffs??? tell me that team had any business taking the Steelers that far.

clevestinks 01-07-2006 01:20 PM

???????? If the Jets wanted him gone! and they must have to only as a fourth round pick for him. Then why didn`t they just let him go?
Parcells stays in Dallas, cool no worries from them for a few more years. I am probably the only one here that is a Parcells hater. I think he has won some games, with alot of coordinators help, he took over some good teams that he shouldn`t have gotten credit for. And when he falls on his face like this year all the blame goes somewhere else. He is an I I I I I I coach!