Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   litp- thoughts on matt jones? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3433)

tony hipchest 01-06-2006 05:09 PM

litp- thoughts on matt jones?

who will cover this guy? are the patriots concerned about the height most jags receivers bring to the table? i think jones could be in for a career day and be the x-factor if the jags have any thought o f success. even more than fred taylor

Brady12 01-06-2006 06:31 PM

Re: litp- thoughts on matt jones?

is that the same MAtt Jones who only has 430 yards this season? Or the same Jacksonville offense that threw just 3190 yards? Don't worry, New England will be prepared.

tony hipchest 01-06-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brady12
is that the same MAtt Jones who only has 430 yards this season? Or the same Jacksonville offense that threw just 3190 yards? Don't worry, New England will be prepared.

actually i was looking for insight. what will they do to prepare for m. jones? who is gonna be covering him. mixed coverages? a zone? or will they have one dude on him. just cause d. branch only has 600 or so yards in the regular season doesnt mean the opposition can ignore him

Brady12 01-06-2006 07:01 PM

actually Branch had 998 yards :smile: I don't know who will cover him, maybe litp knows more than me.

Suitanim 01-06-2006 07:09 PM

I think the question might be better phrased "Who on the Pats team will cover anyone?" Only San Francisco gave up more passing yards in 2005 than the Pats.

CantStop85 01-06-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
I think the question might be better phrased "Who on the Pats team will cover anyone?" Only San Francisco gave up more passing yards in 2005 than the Pats.

You have to admit...the secondary's horrible right now. I mean the Pats have Artrell Hawkins starting at safety. This guy got cut by the Bengals when they were still the Bungles and had fallen out of the league until the Pats picked him up. He's toast...I've seen it too many times before.

The pats will have to get it together by defending the pass in order to win, but I just don't think they have enough talent to do it right now. I also agree that Matt Jones could have a big day, especially if Leftwich is playing at 100% to deliver him the ball.

Suitanim 01-06-2006 10:23 PM

(Clearing throat)...er...um...Bengals weren't much better. They gave up 134 TOTAL fewer passing yards than the Pats, and ended up 26th in the league in that category. The rushing defense was much better, but still average as far as the league goes.

CantStop85 01-06-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
(Clearing throat)...er...um...Bengals weren't much better. They gave up 134 TOTAL fewer passing yards than the Pats, and ended up 26th in the league in that category. The rushing defense was much better, but still average as far as the league goes.

Why do we always have to start attacking my team in an off-topic thread?

I can't be held responsible for what the team I support does on the field. It's not like I'm coaching the team I root for. I am simply making observations on a team that I have watched as a football fan.

Either way, our D was still at least slightly better, so can I now have the right to comment? Sheesh, would you take my comments more seriously if I were a steelers fan? Wait, let me guess...yes. :busted:

Suitanim 01-06-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85
Why do we always have to start attacking my team in an off-topic thread?

I can't be held responsible for what the team I support does on the field. It's not like I'm coaching the team I root for. I am simply making observations on a team that I have watched as a football fan.

Either way, our D was still at least slightly better, so can I now have the right to comment? Sheesh, would you take my comments more seriously if I were a steelers fan? Wait, let me guess...yes. :busted:

Dude, no need to go psycho...I tried to be subtle by clearing my throat first...It's just that...well...nevermind, you'll see Sunday Night about 8 or so...

Brady12 01-07-2006 12:10 AM

This is where it pains us to not have Rodney Harrison.