Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A Really New Guy (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34332)

DoubleSh0t 03-03-2009 07:06 PM

A Really New Guy

Hey guys - my name is Shawn and I was an Eagles fan. Was being the operative word.

I grew up surrounded by Steelers fans, and was one when I was a young kid in the Kordell Stewart days - but some how I turned out rooting for the Eagles. I guess being 45 minutes out of Philly helps. I have Eagles jerseys, I've been to an Eagles game, and spent many frustrated Sundays screaming at my TV.

This year - something happened. I watched the Eagles blow it in normal fashion, and I geared up for another off season. Then I found out, in typical Eagles fashion, that they let one of the best players on the team, Brian Dawkins, walk. Brian is my favorite player in the NFL, the heart and soul of the Philadelphia team, and a very capable safety. They also let go a backup running back, another DB, and signed an injured RT simply because his brother is on the team.

I've had it.

The same crap happens year in and year out. At 20 years old, I've seen the light.

If you guys will have me - I'll be a dedicated Black and Gold fan through and through. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon because of the Super Bowl (I could have done that in 2005), I'm just tired of the same old crap year in and year out. The Steelers are an organization built on respect and loyalty - something I deeply admire.

So I hope you don't mind a former Birds fan hanging around. Go Steelers! :tt:

devilsdancefloor 03-03-2009 07:51 PM

Re: A Really New Guy

Welcome and be prepaired to yell at your TV somemore:wink02:

Galax Steeler 03-04-2009 03:26 AM

We won't hold it against you welcome to the board.

FredScott 03-04-2009 04:39 PM

Yea at least your not an old browns fan ;) ANyways welcome to the nation.

SteelersMongol 03-04-2009 07:17 PM

Welcome & enjoy, you traitor. :chuckle: Just kidding. :wink02:

NEPAsteeler 03-04-2009 07:24 PM

You have chosen the correct colors! :tt02:

Welcome :thumbsup:

DoubleSh0t 03-04-2009 10:51 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It means a lot!

nojobny 03-04-2009 11:27 PM

Welcome! there's plenty of room for in Steeler Nation for one more fan!

HometownGal 03-05-2009 08:18 AM

Hiya DoubleSh0t and welcome to Steelers Fever! :wave::tt03::tt02: We're happy to have you here! :drink:

stlrtruck 03-05-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galax Steeler (Post 574225)
We won't hold it against you welcome to the board.

Speak for yourself, I'll be watching to see if his new found fandom sticks or stinks!!!

Just kidding, welcome to the family and welcome to the boards.