Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   My annual Cleveland Indians thread. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34387)

revefsreleets 03-05-2009 08:46 AM

My annual Cleveland Indians thread.

OK, this IS the year my Tribe returns to glory (wasn't it the Eisenhower years the last time they won the WS?).

They have it all. Pitching (Look for Pavano to make a huge comeback this year), a bullpen (glory, hallelujah! Is that Kerry Wood?) gloves in the field (Mark DeRosa is a HUGE upgrade at 3rd, and he can hit), and that batting oreder will be murder for opposing pitchers with Martinez and Hafner healthy again, they are stacked from 1-9.

Most importantly? It's an odd-numbered year. I have them winning 95 games and taking it all in 'o9.

KeiselPower99 03-05-2009 09:09 AM

Re: My annual Cleveland Indians thread.

Lets go Tribe!!!!!

xfl2001fan 03-05-2009 12:18 PM

I like the way you guys think! I have to admit, I don't follow baseball much at all. I couldn't tell you 2/3 of the team I support. I only root for them, because they're from Cleveland. As the season progresses, I may look into them more...but I wouldn't count on it.

KeiselPower99 03-05-2009 02:43 PM

Might as well cheer for them, they are the only hope for a Cleveland world championship.

xfl2001fan 03-05-2009 03:06 PM

Cavaliers are more likely to pull down a championship than the Indians...

Are the Indians still owned by the Dolans? I know they preferred to home-grow their players and rarely overpaid for anybody (which I thought was pretty cool.) Helps keep ticket prices down...though that benefits my Indians following family far more than it benefits me.

revefsreleets 03-06-2009 07:57 AM

MOST importantly the FO has Mark Shapiro...best GM in baseball. Does more with less than maybe any GM in sports.

The Pirates need a guy like him in their FO...

revefsreleets 03-06-2009 11:15 AM

By the by, Omar Visquel was asked what hat he'd wear into the HOF, and he said, without a doubt, it would be a Tribe hat.

His numbers at the plate are lacking a bit (although he had some pretty good years here and there), but he may be the best pure fielding SS to ever play the game.

That gets him in the Hall in my book...

xfl2001fan 03-06-2009 01:46 PM

My aunt (season ticket holder) has an autographed jersey, picture, hat and other items from him (Omar). She says he's a sure-fire HoFer. I'll go with it. Baseball just isn't my thing...and where I don't live close to Indians fans, I don't keep up.

steelerbuckeye 03-06-2009 01:56 PM

They won't win because it's Cleveland.

KeiselPower99 03-06-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerbuckeye (Post 575484)
They won't win because it's Cleveland.

That is it in a nutshell.