Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   You win some...you lose some. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34430)

lamberts-lost-tooth 03-07-2009 06:40 PM

You win some...you lose some.

Last Tuesday I did not win the multi-state lottery. I rarely play, but when it gets up to $212 million dollars, I might drop a whole $5 dollars.

BUT!!!....Later that day, as I am waiting in the school parking lot for my daughter,....my friend (the one that lost her Steeler-fan father recently and I tried to send her a Steelers cap to show my support)...walks up to the car and hands me a brand-new...tags still attached.......black...Starter-brand Steelers winter coat.

She had bought it for her father but he never made it home from the hospital before she could give it to him...and as a friend she knew I would appreciate it.

I was humbled, honored, and excited with the gift and promised her I would wear it with pride!!!!

Didnt win the lottery....but its all good.

Dino 6 Rings 03-07-2009 06:51 PM

Re: You win some...you lose some.

that's a real victory LLT...no doubt about it.

Muppet13 03-07-2009 09:05 PM

Good for you!

JEFF4i 03-07-2009 09:46 PM

Money can't much replace what happens between two people who care about eachother.

Also, if someone offered me 100 million to never have kids...I'd turn it down. Just me, but the daughter is you winning the lottery too.

SteelCurtain7 03-07-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 575957)
Last Tuesday I did not win the multi-state lottery. I rarely play, but when it gets up to $212 million dollars, I might drop a whole $5 dollars.

BUT!!!....Later that day, as I am waiting in the school parking lot for my daughter,....my friend (the one that lost her Steeler-fan father recently and I tried to send her a Steelers cap to show my support)...walks up to the car and hands me a brand-new...tags still attached.......black...Starter-brand Steelers winter coat.

She had bought it for her father but he never made it home from the hospital before she could give it to him...and as a friend she knew I would appreciate it.

I was humbled, honored, and excited with the gift and promised her I would wear it with pride!!!!

Awesome!!!!!! :tt: I have to buy a new Steelers' coat for next year. This chintzy pleather G-III coat I picked up last fall is already falling apart. :banging: Meh.

Whatever you do, do not buy this coat. I want you all to avoid my frustration.

lamberts-lost-tooth 03-28-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Just wanted to add....a friend of mine just got me the official program from the superbowl....

GAWD!!!...but I love free Steelers stuff.

SteelCityMan786 03-28-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear about the Luck in the lottery. Commendable deed by the giver of the jacket.

SteelersMongol 03-29-2009 06:31 AM

LLT, it seems like U still have your friend, through his daughter.

Galax Steeler 03-29-2009 11:14 AM

That is just the same as winning the lottery in my book.