Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Feedback & Support (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Profanity filter (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3449)

SalukiSteelers 01-07-2006 04:03 PM

Profanity filter

Just tried to use a five-letter word that starts with a "c," ends with a "y," and has an "ock" in the middle and it got censored by the filter. I would think that the word "****y" would be more than okay when describing the Bengals. The funniest part about it was the fact that when it came up in my post, it looked like "****y." It looks a heck of a lot dirtier that way. If I were just reading it, I would think that whoever wrote it was calling the Bengals wussies with a "p."

BlitzburghRockCity 01-07-2006 04:10 PM

Re: Profanity filter

We used to not have the swear filters on, but since the season really started heating up we had to put it back in use. Once things calm down again we may be able to try and take it off.

they arent perfect I'll give that, but they do help keep young eyes and work eyes from seeing words that arent appropriate. :smile:

SalukiSteelers 01-08-2006 03:52 AM

Oh yeah, I totally understand. I was just commenting on how an innocent word like 'c' 'o' 'c' 'k' 'y' could look so dirty when the other four letters weren't there. Not a big deal. If a guy can't get through a post without swearing non-stop he's either a coach or a goofball.

Just a little over twelve-hours from kickoff...Here we go!!

Ambridge 01-24-2006 10:47 AM

I was wondering why in the Blast Furnace there's a filter on just about every single profane word??

I can see having the filter on for the thread titles but it really kind of defeats the purpose of having a "Smack/Blast Furnace" if you cannot express in a colorful way when every bad word is being sensored.

Just my thought.

Suitanim 01-24-2006 03:26 PM

Hey you mother****er Ambridge, suck my ****ing **** you shit ass ****stick! Bitch piss shit mother****er ****sucker!

Suitanim 01-24-2006 03:27 PM

:bouncy: Just testing:bouncy:

Ambridge 01-24-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Hey you mother****er Ambridge, suck my ****ing **** you shit ass ****stick! Bitch piss shit mother****er ****sucker!

You need to STFU or I'll come over to your house and hotwire your newly renovated car and take my dog for a joyride. :grin:

Suitanim 01-24-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambridge
You need to STFU or I'll come over to your house and hotwire your newly renovated car and take my dog for a joyride. :grin:

Hey! I was just testing!

tony hipchest 01-24-2006 07:14 PM

you should be able to discuss **** lebeau without a censor though. lol :)

Suitanim 01-24-2006 07:21 PM

Try Richard