Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Gamer Chat (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   RPG (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34525)

heknowsyouknow 03-11-2009 01:14 PM

RPG

does anyone play any football RPG games ???..i play this one heres the link
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=29140391
come and have a look ...and if anyones knows any others let me know am always on the look out for games :helmet:

BehindSteelCurtain 03-11-2009 04:30 PM

Re: RPG

HAHA this is pretty cool.....very confusing though.

BehindSteelCurtain 03-11-2009 10:23 PM

i see that it costs money though. FORGET IT

xfl2001fan 03-14-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain (Post 577976)
i see that it costs money though. FORGET IT

It's free to play...it only costs money if you want to play on the more elite teams. Even then, I know guys that have dumped a ton of money into the game and never made it to those teams.

Generally, every holiday, the admin's hand out 100 free Flex points.

I've got several characters still going.

Big_Sexxy_II is my screen name (yup, lost a bet...but it's worth it.)

CantStop85 03-14-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfl2001fan (Post 579016)
It's free to play...it only costs money if you want to play on the more elite teams. Even then, I know guys that have dumped a ton of money into the game and never made it to those teams.

Generally, every holiday, the admin's hand out 100 free Flex points.

I've got several characters still going.

Big_Sexxy_II is my screen name (yup, lost a bet...but it's worth it.)

Not gonna lie...I've probably dumped close to $100 into that game and I don't think I've ever spent money on any other online game.

My S/N on there is DanTheMan277...if any of you guys have any 30+ level players looking for a team, let me know! :chuckle:

Blitzburgh_Fever 05-01-2009 10:23 AM

Just made a G and WR on there (boring work day). Seems pretty cool, you guys have any advice on how to not suck?

xfl2001fan 05-01-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzburgh_Fever (Post 600207)
Just made a G and WR on there (boring work day). Seems pretty cool, you guys have any advice on how to not suck?

Min/Max your attributes. If you can get a chance to join a slowbuild team, do that.

For the G, work one skill at a time and get it to 48 points ASAP. Blocking, Strength, Agility are important.

Focus your training on two skills at once (I like to go with a Vision/Confidence combo to start).

Buy a piece of Advanced Equipment fast...and put your bonus tokens in it. Even if it's a crap piece initially, when you sell back that piece of equipment, you get all of your tokens back. It's the easiest way to store your bonus tokens.

For the WR, speed kills. There are some experimental builds (high strength and the like) but for the most part, a WR with less than 100 speed is useless. Catch, Jump need go no higher than the 30-48 range. Agility could probably be stopped at 60.

Once you've gotten most of your skills (Vision, Confidence, Catch, Agility Speed) to at least 48, you can train Strength/Block for a while...and also work on your carry (to at least 20, though ideally 30 waaaay down the road).

Above all, work your base stats first and foremost. All of the special abilities in your ability trees enhance your base stats....if your base stats suck, you will suck. Plain and simple.

For any offensive lineman, Pancake is generally considered worthless. You don't gain any more/less exp for pancaking someone...and those points can easily be used elsewhere.

Confidence/Vision should never be under estimated. It's not nearly as important early on, but you'll eventually have to train on them.

55BaileyFan 05-01-2009 02:17 PM

awesome game