Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   oh, tonights game made me happy... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3459)

Sharkissle29 01-07-2006 09:32 PM

oh, tonights game made me happy...

after watching the jaguars and patriots, i am one happy man. i've learned tonight that the patriots WILL not go to the superbowl. im actually guaranteeing a lost next week so plz mark my word. the patriots have no running attack, and when u get pressure on brady he is worthless. yea u have 3 TD passes, but look at his other stats...numbers are decieving.

lets face it, did we really expect jax to beat them? they are probably the worst team in the playoffs (well for afc, maybe not for nfc). after watching this, if the patriots actually play a good team, they have absoloutly no shot. if it wasnt for some luck for the patriots, this might have been a close game (the 2 fumbles that magically bounced in the hands of the patriots). and if it werent for del rio starting leftwich like an idiot.

my my what a glorious day....i can see blue! your my boy blue, your my boy!!!

refs still suck off patriots, but this year wont matter.

2006, a year without the patriots in the superbowl.

3 to be 4 01-07-2006 09:40 PM

Re: oh, tonights game made me happy...

yes, it was a miserable night for New England. Im really depressed over this 25 point lead over a 12-4 team. Good thing fate has magically caused all those bounces to go NE's way, FOR HALF A DECADE. Yup, its all luck. Nothing to do with coaching and preparation and how to be positioned correctly and close on plays.
If only we had the raw brute talent that has positioned other teams to win all those divisional titles. Im going to sit oin front of the TV tomorrow and learn how a REAL team plays. The Steelers wont settle for a 25 point win. St33lers has made it clear the Steelers will beat the Bengals by at least 40.

clevestinks 01-07-2006 09:42 PM

Congrats Pats! See you in two weeks!

Sharkissle29 01-07-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
yes, it was a miserable night for New England. Im really depressed over this 25 point lead over a 12-4 team. Good thing fate has magically caused all those bounces to go NE's way, FOR HALF A DECADE. Yup, its all luck. Nothing to do with coaching and preparation and how to be positioned correctly and close on plays.
If only we had the raw brute talent that has positioned other teams to win all those divisional titles. Im going to sit oin front of the TV tomorrow and learn how a REAL team plays. The Steelers wont settle for a 25 point win. St33lers has made it clear the Steelers will beat the Bengals by at least 40.

yea i made it clear we will kill the bengals? thing is...the bengals are actually a good team. did u not listen to my statement of numbers are decieving...... yea jax is a higher seed than us but plzzz that team is awful and you know it. bengals are an actual team. which means we'll prolly only beat them by 39 :smile:

3 to be 4 01-07-2006 09:48 PM

Belichicks record whwen facing an opponant a second time in the same season is phenomenal. Neither Denver or Indianapolis is going to want to see this team coming out of the tunnel. Shanahan vs Belichick. Plummer vs Brady. I like our chances. In the loss earleir this year, the Patriots, in the peak of their injury/malaise/whatever it was, nearly pulled out that game in Denver. This time it will be totally different, much like the contrast between the 2 games at Pittsburgh last year.
And if its Indy? Well, thats my dream matchup.
But i'll be rooting for the Steelers tomorrow. I want that home game for the AFC Title.
And it would cement this as a big time rivalry.

3 to be 4 01-07-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St33lers
yea i made it clear we will kill the bengals? thing is...the bengals are actually a good team. did u not listen to my statement of numbers are decieving...... yea jax is a higher seed than us but plzzz that team is awful and you know it. bengals are an actual team. which means we'll prolly only beat them by 39 :smile:

thats right, Tommy Maddox cost the Steelers that home game against the Jags all by himself. Clearly, had Ben played, the Steelers would have won that game 28-3.

Jacksonville sucked this year.

brilliant.

Koopa 01-07-2006 09:51 PM

if the pats win another superbowl i will never ever watch football again and i will have mike delete my account and i'll delete my nfl message board that i created last night cause i want nothing to do with the nfl cause it's rigged if they win it all again. everytime they win they have a nice storyline to go along with their victories so if they win the superbowl **** the pats and **** the nfl

Sharkissle29 01-07-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
Belichicks record whwen facing an opponant a second time in the same season is phenomenal. Neither Denver or Indianapolis is going to want to see this team coming out of the tunnel. Shanahan vs Belichick. Plummer vs Brady. I like our chances. In the loss earleir this year, the Patriots, in the peak of their injury/malaise/whatever it was, nearly pulled out that game in Denver. This time it will be totally different, much like the contrast between the 2 games at Pittsburgh last year.
And if its Indy? Well, thats my dream matchup.
But i'll be rooting for the Steelers tomorrow. I want that home game for the AFC Title.
And it would cement this as a big time rivalry.

a rivalry would consist of 2 teams battling it out, evening out Wins and Losses. i think you could really call us a "rivalry" if we beat u guys for the AFCCG. but come on 3-4, do u guys really think u will win next round with that running game?

3 to be 4 01-07-2006 10:00 PM

do you get that the strenght of the Jacksonville defense is their defense against the inside run? And if you look at the stats the overall numbers arent THAT bad.
THe Patriots scheme game by game.
for 2 years everyone has said the same thing about "how can they stop the good QB's with that secondary?" and yet they just go out and do it.
Dont worry about it St, the Patriots will be fine. Your assessment of how the Jags made Brady "worthless"......14 of 26 for 198, 3 TD, 0 INTS. i would guess thats a QB rating of well over 100.
just dont worry, obsess as you usually do in Steelerland on your bruising running game and try to pound up the middle to a title again. Just remember, you won 4 SB's not by smacking the ball up the middle, it was with balance on offense and a great defense.

Livinginthe past 01-07-2006 10:06 PM

Well said 3 to be 4 - not all fans are like this here.

Just the odd ones like to have a little cry in their beer whenever the Pats win - that worthless statement made me laugh too.

St33lers ,maybe you should put some money where that big mouth is - you're whining like a stuck pig.

NM