Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Brady12's post game "Rant" (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3460)

Brady12 01-07-2006 10:21 PM

Brady12's post game "Rant" *New Sunday Post*

I'm gonna do this after every day's games, in this topic, because I don't want to make too many topics. I will however make a new one the next week. Anyways, here we go. WHAT is it with Washington trying to hold onto a lead? They score 17 quick early points, and then sit on it, and don't score again the rest of the game. They have done this all season, and next week whe nthey travel to Seattle, they if they do get a lead won't be able to afford to sit on it. You have to score points, you cannot play conservative when you have a lead. POUND POUND POUND, until the 4th quarter, and with 3 minutes left, you have a nice lead, you are sure of a win. Washington is very lucky to escape this one, Chris Simms and Bucs rallied, but could not come back.. Sheppard's drop in the endzone is gonna go down as the game changer. Had he caught that, we most likely have OT. You cannot gather 122 yards of offense and expect to win every week. This must change, or Washington will not survive Seattle.

Game 2, The first half in Foxboro, Jacksonville had terrific coverage on the New England recievers, and like I stated in another topic, that is the reason Jacksonville had so much pressure, that and the fact that Their front 4 is a strong group of guys. Kudos to the front 4 of Jacksonville. 2nd half, New England either made an adjustment, or something happened to the JAX secondary. Brady threw nearly 200 yards in the 2nd half after just throwing around 50 in the first half. I was angry at Ben Watson before he made that big TD play, because he couldn't hang onto the ball. Down on the 1st or second drive, when he dropped the ball at the 7, and Vinatieri punted to the 3. Then he fumbled, and we almost lost the ball, luckily Andre Davis was there, and of course David Givens made it 14-3. The 2nd half adjustment by New England was terrific. You know you did something wrong, when you score 7 points in the first half, and are in tough, and then in the 2nd half you score 21 points, and exploit the opposition. Good luck to Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, New York, and Carolina tommorrow. Can't wait to see Chicago (Hopefully) fall next week to Carolina or NYG. No, that is not a guarantee loss for Chicago, I just hope they lose. thats my Saturday rant for Wildcard weekend, Goodnight!

Sharkissle29 01-07-2006 10:25 PM

Re: Brady12's post game "Rant"

Statboy: your brady numbers a bit tweaked. he had 201 yards total....

patriots played decent against a bad team...ill give credit where credit is due, so ill give them 2 kudo points.

Brady12 01-07-2006 10:27 PM

I said nearly, 49 yards is nearly. lol

3 to be 4 01-07-2006 10:29 PM

just so ya know ST33ler, the Patriots rushed 28 times for 118 yards. 4.2 avg
sounds like a good game for the Bus, so whats the problem?
a QB rating for Brady of 116.7

me thinks you just dont like it cuz its the Patriots. If Ben and Ben had those numbers and the Steelers won 28-3 you'd be jellin'

Brady12 01-07-2006 10:34 PM

Kevin Faulk has the majority of those yards im sure... He broke two big 15+ yard runs.

Prosdo 01-07-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brady12
Kevin Faulk has the majority of those yards im sure... He broke two big 15+ yard runs.

He looked really good tonight.

Brady12 01-07-2006 10:40 PM

I was surprised too... I don't know what it is with Corey Dillon, whether he's injured, or soemthing is wrong with him, if he can't carry the load, I don't want him on the team. Not to be disrespectful, thats my opinion

Sharkissle29 01-07-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
just so ya know ST33ler, the Patriots rushed 28 times for 118 yards. 4.2 avg
sounds like a good game for the Bus, so whats the problem?
a QB rating for Brady of 116.7

me thinks you just dont like it cuz its the Patriots. If Ben and Ben had those numbers and the Steelers won 28-3 you'd be jellin'

that rating wouldnt be nearly high if he didnt have 3 td passes. i believe in the first half he was 7/17 for 70 yards 1 TD. thats not that good. that TE gave him that td.

as for the rushing, faulk had a few good runs but was nothing special. dillon had an avg, of 2.3, 2.4, 2.7 and 5 something avg yards per carry by quarter. i think the patriots were just better conditioned seeing the numbers by half/quarter.

i wrote my statement as the game was going on, didnt add the extra bs that comes on at the end of games.

Brady12 01-07-2006 10:49 PM

No, the rating wouldn't have been as high, I did figuring, and it would've been a 91.7 with 1 TD. with 2 TD it would've been 104.0

Sharkissle29 01-07-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brady12
No, the rating wouldn't have been as high, I did figuring, and it would've been a 91.7 with 1 TD. with 2 TD it would've been 104.0

figure 7/17 70 yards TD....