Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Houston taking Reggie Bush? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3466)

Brady12 01-08-2006 10:29 AM

Houston taking Reggie Bush?

Apparently Chris Mortensen either knows this, or he has a source. I was listening to ESPN Radio, on "The V Show," because for some reason I get a signal from Calgary, Alberta on my radio which is cool, and they play ESPN Radio at night. Mike (Don't know how to spell last name) Said that this was from Mort. Whether it is true or not, I don't know, but usually isn't Chris Mortensen correct?

BlitzburghRockCity 01-08-2006 10:58 AM

Re: Houston taking Reggie Bush?

Mort is usually right on w/ his inside info so I wouldnt doubt it, but if Im Houston, I already have Dominic Davis who is a solid RB. I trade this pick fore more pics and maybe an OL from another team, and then I draft another OL with my first pick and my 2nd round pick. And then also consider a WR on Day 1 as well.

Brady12 01-08-2006 11:02 AM

Yeah I might draft an O-Line too. How much under the Cap are they? If anyone knows.. Looking at my stats, Houston didn't do THAT bad in Rushing, they had 1816 yards, btu I think Shaun Alexander did that himself... Also Their QB's were sacked A massive league high of 68 times. Minnesota was after, with 54.

Prosdo 01-08-2006 11:04 AM

I would think they would trade it as well. Maybe they are going after Reggie so they can trade him. No clue. I would think the would want something besides a RB. That's one position that is okay for them.

Brady12 01-08-2006 11:10 AM

To go off topic for a second, the Jets might trade their draft pick, if they can get a veteran QB out of it. ESPN talked about it a few minutes ago too on Countdown.

BlitzburghRockCity 01-08-2006 11:27 AM

THe jets arent gonna give up on pennington yet, and u can find a vet. backup QB without much problem so I would imagine if they could trade up for a reggie bush they would jump on it..but thats not gonna be a reality so look for them to try and get another big time RB.

MichiSteeler 01-08-2006 11:31 AM

I've been wondering this. I mean here you have Dominick Davis who is alright, yet inconsistant. But decent. Then your qb is averaging like 10 sacks a game. I always said that they should draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson. However, Reggie Bush is one of those once in a lifetime players here. So they could take who is argueably the best O-Lineman, or they could take bush and walk away, or what i would do is take bush, and draft bush and trade for either more picks or veteran o-lineman

Livinginthe past 01-08-2006 12:53 PM

I think Houston will draft Reggie Bush.

1. Having a home town boy as your teams star player is a real moneyspinner

2. Domanick Davis is solid and may thrive behind a more solid O-Line (Steelers?) but he is unable to put up consistent good numbers on broken plays - Reggie Bush has a much better ability to think on his feet and make Barry Sanders type plays out of nothing.

3. All this should cause teams to gameplan against the run a little more - allowing david Carr a little more time to make some throws.

4. I believe the O-Line can still be addressed later in the draft and free agency

NM

BlitzburghRockCity 01-08-2006 12:55 PM

Even Reggie Bush cant run and gain yards when he has no one to block for him.. IF the texans plan on fixing that OL in the draft and FA then yeah draft Bush, but if you arent sure, take an OL and let Davis do what he does w/ decent blocking.

Sharkissle29 01-08-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brady12
To go off topic for a second, the Jets might trade their draft pick, if they can get a veteran QB out of it. ESPN talked about it a few minutes ago too on Countdown.

you think they'll want maddox? hahahahaha im sry, i made a bad joke