Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Surprising Mock (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34680)

St33lersguy 03-18-2009 05:54 PM

Surprising Mock

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

This is such a surprising (& bad) mock, this is a must read. I don't want to spoil anything

Steelman16 03-18-2009 07:28 PM

Re: Surprising Mock

I still don't understand why everyone thinks we should pick Jarron Gilbert at #32.

But as to the rest of the mock, his previous one was much better IMO.

St33lersguy 03-18-2009 08:21 PM

If the 1st 31 picks pan out like that, the Steelers definitely get Vontae Davis the CB from Illinois. He is a talented top 20 corner that would fill the void left by B-Mac & lets face it the Rooneys do not pass up guys like Davis @ the 32nd pick. Pat Kirwan should really consider stopping the mock drafts. Too many mistakes, besides Gilbert can still be available at pick #64

The Definiti0n 03-18-2009 08:31 PM

I dont know who is worse at this, Kirwan or calsteeler. On second thought Kirwan>>>>calsteeler

St33lersguy 03-19-2009 08:41 AM

Yeah but, will the Steelers rreally pick Gilbert over a top 20 CB prospect like Vontae Davis if he's still available

El-Gonzo Jackson 03-19-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St33lersguy (Post 580870)
Yeah but, will the Steelers rreally pick Gilbert over a top 20 CB prospect like Vontae Davis if he's still available

I say yes they will !!! Why you may ask??.........................

1.The Steelers feel confident with a DB corps of Taylor, Gay, Townsend, Bryant, Lewis. Plus, the CB class in this years draft is very deep.

2.The Steelers starting D line are all 30 years of age or older, with only Eason, Kirshke, Hoke as reserves. The 2 gap DE class in this years draft is pretty thin with only Jackson, Gilbert, Moala, Magee (maybe Hood) really being considered solid talents to fit that scheme.

The probablility is that if they draft D line in round 1, they can still find a decent CB in the 2nd or 3rd. But, if they draft a CB in round 1, the chances are that all 5 guys I mentioned above are gone by pick #64. As much as we all think we need O line.......I believe the Steelers will draft a D lineman at #32.

MasterOfPuppets 03-19-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson (Post 580913)
I say yes they will !!! Why you may ask??.........................

1.The Steelers feel confident with a DB corps of Taylor, Gay, Townsend, Bryant, Lewis. Plus, the CB class in this years draft is very deep.

2.The Steelers starting D line are all 30 years of age or older, with only Eason, Kirshke, Hoke as reserves. The 2 gap DE class in this years draft is pretty thin with only Jackson, Gilbert, Moala, Magee (maybe Hood) really being considered solid talents to fit that scheme.

The probablility is that if they draft D line in round 1, they can still find a decent CB in the 2nd or 3rd. But, if they draft a CB in round 1, the chances are that all 5 guys I mentioned above are gone by pick #64. As much as we all think we need O line.......I believe the Steelers will draft a D lineman at #32.

you forgot to mention that keisel is entering a contract year, and with a few more teams looking to adopt the 3-4, he could become a hot commodity as a FA., even at his age.

El-Gonzo Jackson 03-19-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 580917)
you forgot to mention that keisel is entering a contract year, and with a few more teams looking to adopt the 3-4, he could become a hot commodity as a FA., even at his age.

Yeah. I know a lot of fans think Keisel has more left in the tank than Smith, but Smith is under contract for another 2 seasons. I think you are right that we cant afford to pay Keisel next season when Harrison, Miller, Holmes, Hampton, Woodley are all gonna be looking for contracts.

I honestly hope we are able to draft William Beatty at #32 and then trade up in the 2nd to get either Fili Moala or Jarron Gilbert. That way we can clear off the cap numbers of Starks and Keisel in 2010 and devote some $$ to those other guys.

tony hipchest 03-19-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St33lersguy (Post 580684)
If the 1st 31 picks pan out like that, the Steelers definitely get Vontae Davis the CB from Illinois. He is a talented top 20 corner that would fill the void left by B-Mac & lets face it the Rooneys do not pass up guys like Davis @ the 32nd pick. Pat Kirwan should really consider stopping the mock drafts. Too many mistakes, besides Gilbert can still be available at pick #64

are you serious? maybe you should consider not trying to analyze mock drafts.

from mock 4.0
Quote:

32. Steelers Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose State

Players under consideration include William Beatty and Alex Mack. The Steelers have been very quiet in free agency and lost Bryant McFadden, which may drive them to one of the remaining corners in the draft. Their offensive line situation is also a question mark, but Gilbert has the athletic ability and size for what they like to do on defense. In typical Steelers fashion, whomever they take will be trained for a year before getting a chance to start.
from mock 3.0
Quote:

32. Steelers Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose State
By the time we get to the draft, Gilbert might be projected higher than this spot. He's a steal for the Steelers here and an excellent candidate as a 5-technique. The Steelers also could look at a corner such as Vontae Davis.

you basically stole what kirwan has been saying and put in print over a week ago, and then said he doesnt know what the hell he is talking about.

hilarious.

MasterOfPuppets 03-19-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 580948)
are you serious? maybe you should consider not trying to analyze mock drafts.

from mock 4.0

from mock 3.0

you basically stole what kirwan has been saying and put in print over a week ago, and then said he doesnt know what the hell he is talking about.

hilarious.

:busted::busted::busted:......:doh: ........:busted::busted::busted: .......:toofunny: