Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Bullpen (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34773)

Dylan 03-23-2009 07:55 PM

Bullpen
 
what do you guys think the bullpen will end up being...i believe it will turn out to be this

capps
grabow
hansen
yates
burnett
veal
meek

SteelCityMan786 03-23-2009 09:05 PM

Re: Bullpen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 582484)
what do you guys think the bullpen will end up being...i believe it will turn out to be this

capps
grabow
hansen
yates
burnett
veal
meek

I think Veal won't be on the opening day roster. Not sure who I'd put in that spot though.

pittsburghp8baller 03-24-2009 12:30 AM

Re: Bullpen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 582524)
I think Veal won't be on the opening day roster. Not sure who I'd put in that spot though.

yea i dont see them having three lefties on the roster. if management is still high on him, they can do what they did with Evan Meek last year- send him back to the Cubs and then trade for him.

For sure the only set three are Capps, Yates, and Grabow. Hansen made strides in his control at the end of the season but looks like he forgot all of it this spring. Burnett hasnt showed he can get righties out enough to stay in the bullpen. and now even in spring he has been having problems getting lefties out. the only problem with them is that they are out of options so they would have to pass through waviers to send them to the minors.

in the end i think,

Matt Capps
John Grabow
Tyler Yates
Evan Meek
Jason Davis
Sean Burnett
Denny Bautista

not 100% sold on Bautista, remember its always possible that we add some1, we didnt get Yates untill the last week of spring training

X-Terminator 03-24-2009 10:54 AM

Re: Bullpen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller (Post 582580)
yea i dont see them having three lefties on the roster. if management is still high on him, they can do what they did with Evan Meek last year- send him back to the Cubs and then trade for him.

For sure the only set three are Capps, Yates, and Grabow. Hansen made strides in his control at the end of the season but looks like he forgot all of it this spring. Burnett hasnt showed he can get righties out enough to stay in the bullpen. and now even in spring he has been having problems getting lefties out. the only problem with them is that they are out of options so they would have to pass through waviers to send them to the minors.

in the end i think,

Matt Capps
John Grabow
Tyler Yates
Evan Meek
Jason Davis
Sean Burnett
Denny Bautista

not 100% sold on Bautista, remember its always possible that we add some1, we didnt get Yates untill the last week of spring training

That's probably what they'll end up going with. Not exactly the greatest bullpen in the world, but it's semi-serviceable. Plus, you may see Craig Hansen thrown into the mix at some point if Meek or Bautista struggle.

pittsburghp8baller 03-24-2009 08:41 PM

Re: Bullpen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Terminator (Post 582670)
That's probably what they'll end up going with. Not exactly the greatest bullpen in the world, but it's semi-serviceable. Plus, you may see Craig Hansen thrown into the mix at some point if Meek or Bautista struggle.

scratch that then, i ment to put Hansen in the beginning, i knew i was forgetting someone. Hansen is out of options so he would have to clear waviers to be sent down and im sure there are a few teams who wouldnt mind picking him up.

Sub out Meek and throw in Hansen just because he has higher potential. both struggle from the same problem


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum