Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Ohio man seeks trial over getting DUI on motorized barstool (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34953)

Galax Steeler 04-01-2009 05:24 AM

Ohio man seeks trial over getting DUI on motorized barstool

(CNN) -- An Ohio man says he is seeking a jury trial on a charge of driving under the influence that was slapped on him after he crashed the vehicle he was piloting -- a barstool.
The barstool was welded to a small metal frame attached to a five-horsepower lawnmower engine.

"It was just an accident. I mean a little minor accident," Kile Wygle, 28, explained in an interview this week with CNN affiliate WSYX.

His homemade vehicle was made from a barstool welded to a small metal frame attached to a five-horsepower lawnmower engine, four wheels and a lawnmower steering wheel, according to the Newark, Ohio, police accident report.

Officers responding to a report of a crash with injuries March 4 said they found Wygle nursing his injuries and highly intoxicated. According to the police report, when asked how much he had had to drink, Wygle responded, "a lot."

He crashed during his attempt at a U-turn while speeding down the street in front of his home -- a daring move from atop the specialized barstool even for the most nimble and sober of men. Measuring 6-foot-1 and 230 pounds, and after having consumed what he later told an officer was 15 beers, Wygle appeared to be neither.

He was treated at a hospital for minor injuries.
advertisement

According to the police report, Wygle claims his unique vehicle can reach a speed of 38 miles per hour, though at the time of the crash he was going around 20.

He entered a plea of not guilty.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/31/...dui/index.html

steelwall 04-01-2009 05:32 AM

Re: Ohio man seeks trial over getting DUI on motorized barstool

I....hiccup....promisk.....I'm not as think as you drunk I am.....

revefsreleets 04-01-2009 08:56 AM

I SO want one of these!

fansince'76 04-01-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Officers responding to a report of a crash with injuries March 4 said they found Wygle nursing his injuries and highly intoxicated. According to the police report, when asked how much he had had to drink, Wygle responded, "a lot."
:alcoholic :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

HometownGal 04-01-2009 09:03 AM

Me thinks this guy is still drunk - requesting a jury trial and pleading not guilty. :doh: He was driving that contraption out on a public road and admitted that he had a "lot" to drink. 1 + 1 = 2.

That would have been pretty funny to see though - LOL! :chuckle:

revefsreleets 04-01-2009 09:06 AM

Under OVI, you could be riding a potbellied pig and get convicted. That's why they changed the law. Anything that is NOT your own legs that carries you around while you're drunk falls under the umbrella.

This guys is screwed!

MACH1 04-01-2009 12:25 PM

I want one!

He's screwed though. There was a guy here that got a DUI for riding his horse while drunk.

tony hipchest 04-01-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1 (Post 585579)
I want one!

He's screwed though. There was a guy here that got a DUI for riding his horse while drunk.

thats funny. just last week i was talking about this to a buddy of mine whos a lawyer in the DA's office. he has a case and one of the charges is repeated DUI's on an ATV. i asked him about horses.

appearantly here it isnt illegal to ride a horse while drunk since the horse isnt drunk. however if you hook that horse up to a buggy or cart, then it becomes illegal. :doh:

MACH1 04-01-2009 12:55 PM

The argument they had is if he's drunk he doesn't have control of the horse and it could wander into traffic. The guys argument was the horse avoids being hit by traffic and it knows the way home.

fansince'76 04-01-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1 (Post 585591)
The argument they had is if he's drunk he doesn't have control of the horse and it could wander into traffic. The guys argument was the horse avoids being hit by traffic and it knows the way home.

Let me guess - the guy's horse talks to him and only him too, right?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...2001/mr_ed.jpg

Hello, WILBURRRRR!

:chuckle: