Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   North Korea launches rocket!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35028)

BrandonCarr39 04-04-2009 09:54 PM

North Korea launches rocket!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090405/...korea_north_58

xfl2001fan 04-05-2009 08:45 AM

Re: North Korea launches rocket!!

Just saw this...I wonder what's really going to happen. Considering it's the UN...they'll talk about sanctions and such...maybe slap the N Koreans with a bunch of paperwork BS (similar to a restraining order) that will be completely ignored.

SteelersMongol 04-05-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfl2001fan (Post 586829)
Just saw this...I wonder what's really going to happen. Considering it's the UN...they'll talk about sanctions and such...maybe slap the N Koreans with a bunch of paperwork BS (similar to a restraining order) that will be completely ignored.

Like the way the Mr. Commissioner Roger 2 Gooddeal handled the NE Cheaters. :wink02: :chuckle:

xfl2001fan 04-05-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersMongol (Post 586831)
Like the way the Mr. Commissioner Roger 2 Gooddeal handled the NE Cheaters. :wink02: :chuckle:

I think the Commish has more brass than the UN...and that is really sad.

MACH1 04-05-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

They'll give them a stern talking to over tea.

revefsreleets 04-05-2009 06:53 PM

Obama talked about sanctions. Bush would have either blown up the rocket on it's pad, or (more effectively) shot it out of the sky.

fansince'76 04-05-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Just saw this...I wonder what's really going to happen.

Absolutely nothing. Stricter sanctions will be suggested in a meeting of the UN Security Council and China and Russia will simply veto the idea.

steelwall 04-05-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 586981)
Absolutely nothing. Stricter sanctions will be suggested in a meeting of the UN Security Council and China and Russia will simply veto the idea.

Actually living in China and looking at the Chinese press everyday, they are pretty much condeming this. I think NK has become that anoyying little brother to China that profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterblocks all the time.

China's main focus is China anything that messes with that e.g. causeing problems between it and the nations that are pouring money into their pockets and not a huge financial burden like NK is, is bad...very bad..... Now Russia may pull a fast one.

KeiselPower99 04-05-2009 09:58 PM

Wonder what kinda war China vs Russia would fight?

SteelersMongol 04-05-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelwall (Post 587017)
Actually living in China and looking at the Chinese press everyday, they are pretty much condeming this. I think NK has become that anoyying little brother to China that profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterblocks all the time.

China's main focus is China anything that messes with that e.g. causeing problems between it and the nations that are pouring money into their pockets and not a huge financial burden like NK is, is bad...very bad..... Now Russia may pull a fast one.

Actually, living close 2 China :wink02:, I think China does want N.Korea fool around, so that it can keep S.Korea & Japan worried, which ultimately makes it a headache 4 the US. I don't think unified powerful Korea is Chinese interest. Same might apply 2 Russia.