Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Ignorant Press. . . (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35034)

Preacher 04-05-2009 11:16 AM

Ignorant Press. . .

Ok, enough with the pictures to try and put across either a belief, or send a different message, EVEN if it is only to sell articles.

I was upset with how the press did it with President Bush.

So I gotta point this out as well. When you look, there is NOTHING wrong with this picture. But at first glance. . .

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...88_156x117.jpg

There are a SLEW of other pics that can be used. Why this one?

It is the same with the president bowing down before the king of Saudi Arabia, it was the same as the pic of Bush with his hair being blown and him reaching back to flatten it, while his guest wasn't having the problem. . . which in that instant, the picture sent an image of Bush as a dolt... an image many of you bought, as it iwas then reinforced.

The same things are now being done here. The press is once again turning on the president. It is going to get ugly. At some point . . . and I mean this. . . the press had to learn the difference between reporting and creating the news.

stillers4me 04-05-2009 11:24 AM

Re: Ignorant Press. . .

At least they are being "fair and balanced" when it comes to destroying presidential administrations. :hunch:

For the record, the press has lost all credibility with me. They destroyed one administration and created another. It doesn't matter what "we the people" want anymore.

Preacher 04-05-2009 11:25 AM

Realize. . . my outrage isn't over this pic per se. . . I just find this pic as one more piece of evidence.

tony hipchest 04-05-2009 12:59 PM

evidence of what? "the evil liberal media" supports the chosen one at all costs. they would NEVER try to make him look bad.

:rolleyes:

(so much for the evil liberal media myth.)

lamberts-lost-tooth 04-05-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 586885)
evidence of what? "the evil liberal media" supports the chosen one at all costs. they would NEVER try to make him look bad.

:rolleyes:

(so much for the evil liberal media myth.)

I called that one Tony...you may remember nme saying that as one-sided as the press is, I still thought they were a pack of wolves and would eat their own for a good story.

Preacher 04-05-2009 01:19 PM

Tony.

I have no clue why you continue to turn a blind eye to blatant reality... http://www.mediaresearch.org/biasbasics/biasbasics3.asp

But be that as it may. . . I have always contended that the media, beyond its liberal bias, has in its erroneous view, that it is itself the protector of democracy. It is as arrogant as it is false.

the media ALSO likes to believe that it can build up and tear down ANY president. Don't forget, Obama has snubbed the media a number of times already. The media doesn't like or forget it. That VERY thing is what drove the feeding frenzy over Quayle. His hometown people BOOED the media when they asked questions one day after the nomination. They turned on him like a pack of wolves from that point forward.

This picture is just one more point of evidence of the media doing whatever they want to try to create a story....

Funny thing... it seems Tony, that you can't comprehend the fact that I am actually defending the president and first lady against the media.

Preacher 04-05-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 586893)
I called that one Tony...you may remember nme saying that as one-sided as the press is, I still thought they were a pack of wolves and would eat their own for a good story.

Yep... you got to it before me, but we said virtually the same thing.

tony hipchest 04-05-2009 01:25 PM

yeah, i think the majority expected the press to wave palm leaves in his wake as he rode the democratic donkey through washington.

btw, happy palm sunday everyone.

tony hipchest 04-05-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 586896)

Funny thing... it seems Tony, that you can't comprehend the fact that I am actually defending the president and first lady against the media.

actually. that was quite obvious. dont get so defensive or sensitive. you know as well as i how the majority around here feel about "evil meida bias".

its "10,000 leagues beneath the sea" overboard.

Godfather 04-05-2009 06:04 PM

The Times-Picayune did something like that several months ago. The NOPD either got some new weapons for the cops or busted a gang and took some weapons, I don't remember the details. Nagin and police chief Warren Riley held a press conference and at one point, Nagin picked up a scary-looking rifle and moved it, and in the process he swung it past Riley.

The photographers were taking pictures the whole time, and they picked one from right when the barrel went past Riley. They printed it and published it on the Web, making it look like Nagin pointed the gun at Riley intentionally. The T-P got caught because one of the local news stations ran a video.

I also remember the T-P choosing, from hundreds of photos, a picture of Gore where his mouth was open at an awkward angle so he looked retarded.