Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35065)

BrandonCarr39 04-06-2009 05:45 PM

2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_619400.html

Two people were hospitalized with gunshot wounds Sunday after a domestic incident in a quiet Pine neighborhood escalated into a three-hour standoff with police.

Northern Regional police Chief Bob Amann said Lynne Agnew apparently shot her ex-husband, Daniel K. Agnew, multiple times before locking herself inside a home in the 500 block of Salem Heights Drive around 5:40 p.m. Sunday. Agnew, a licensed surgeon, was found lying in a neighbor's yard.

A spokesman for Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side said Daniel Agnew was being treated there last night. A condition report was not available.

Lynne Agnew, a photographer who Amann said lives in Shadyside, surrendered to police after they entered her home about three hours after the shooting. Allegheny County SWAT teams and police blocked off Salem Heights Drive and at times communicated with Lynne Agnew over a bullhorn.

Lynne Agnew suffered a gunshot wound to the chest and was taken to a local hospital, Amann said. Amann, who did not know her condition, said police did not whether the wound was self-inflicted.

The Agnews have two children, who Amann said were not inside the home at the time of the shooting. Amann said domestic incidents had been reported at the house in the past. He said a weapon was taken from the home, but would not release further details.

Dana McClure, who lives a few houses away from the Agnews, was surprised by the shooting.

"It's a nice neighborhood," she said. "You never see police come in here. It's usually a pretty quiet place."

Dino 6 Rings 04-06-2009 06:51 PM

Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
Its like Wild Wild West or something.

Or are more shootings just being reported? Curious.

HometownGal 04-06-2009 06:59 PM

Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
Scary shit happening in and around the Burgh lately :horror:

This guy was an accomplished surgeon - he did a tremendous job putting my friend's son's shoulder back together a few years back. You never know what goes on behind closed doors, though.

Preacher 04-06-2009 08:01 PM

Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
IMO... what you are seeing is the stress of the economy blowing marriages apart.

When people think money or houses or things will make things better or bring happiness, marriages fall apart.

In truth, finances are what destroys most marriages.

As to the shootings.. . who knows.

tony hipchest 04-06-2009 08:14 PM

Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
i knew it. once again, its obamas fault.

Preacher 04-06-2009 09:18 PM

Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 587384)
i knew it. once again, its obamas fault.

Tony.

Please. Show some class.

tony hipchest 04-06-2009 09:37 PM

Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 587405)
Tony.

Please. Show some class.

stuff like this has gone on in good times and bad times. i cant blame ted bundy, jeffrey mcdonald, or charles manson on the economy.

if a + b = c then its fair to surmise that c - b = a.

obama is being blamed for the economy. obama was blamed for the kid killing 3 pgh cops.

its a bit sickenning if you ask me, but we live in the day and age of blame, where personal accountability is thrown out the window.

im willing to bet the surgeons wife was hopped up on anti-depressants (that she was doing when the economy was good) and other prescription drugs, and this act had nothing to do with the economy.

msafford 04-06-2009 09:57 PM

Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 587379)
IMO... what you are seeing is the stress of the economy blowing marriages apart.

When people think money or houses or things will make things better or bring happiness, marriages fall apart.

In truth, finances are what destroys most marriages.

As to the shootings.. . who knows.

Sadly....I believe you are definitely right.

Preacher 04-07-2009 12:19 PM

Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 587412)
stuff like this has gone on in good times and bad times. i cant blame ted bundy, jeffrey mcdonald, or charles manson on the economy.

if a + b = c then its fair to surmise that c - b = a.

obama is being blamed for the economy. obama was blamed for the kid killing 3 pgh cops.

its a bit sickenning if you ask me, but we live in the day and age of blame, where personal accountability is thrown out the window.

im willing to bet the surgeons wife was hopped up on anti-depressants (that she was doing when the economy was good) and other prescription drugs, and this act had nothing to do with the economy.

And statistics say that it has everything to do with finances, and in bad financial times, the pressure is more. No one said Obama, no one is blaming Obama. Stop seeing right-wing demons behind every stone.

Or should I say, that was just another panic-post :noidea:

tony hipchest 04-07-2009 09:56 PM

Re: 2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 587595)
And statistics say that it has everything to do with finances, and in bad financial times, the pressure is more. No one said Obama, no one is blaming Obama. Stop seeing right-wing demons behind every stone.

Or should I say, that was just another panic-post :noidea:

another "panic post"? no. actually it is one of the most basic premises in logic.

if 'a' = 'b' and 'b' = 'c', then 'a' = 'c'

we both know the right-wing is dominated by Christian fundamentalists, and since we are both Chrisian, why would you even suggest i am "seeing demons"? they most certainly may be wrong, but i dont think they are inherently evil.

have you been following major right wing media outlets and talking heads, lately? i would even say the general right wing opinion on this board is a fair assessment of the "majority...

according to THEM, the economy is obamas fault. he has not done enough to fix it in 60 days, he is wrecking it, we are doomed, and socialism and communism is our final destination.

rush, hannity, coulter, beck, o'reily all preach it and millions of sheep eat it up.

THEREFORE, using the rules of simple logic.... if murders = economys fault, and economy = obamas fault, then murders = obamas fault.

personally, i buy into my theory much more. this tradgedy was independent of "economy" and probably had more to do with a chemical inbalance inside the bitches head.

just like the kid who shot 3 cops. blaming obama, or the economy, or global warming is just a cop out.

Quote:

and in bad financial times, the pressure is more
:noidea:

youre almost sounding like a liberal :horror:, with this statement preach. :busted:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum