Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   i finally got stung by a scorpion (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35089)

tony hipchest 04-07-2009 10:37 PM

i finally got stung by a scorpion

just went out back for a cigarette (in nothing but shorts and a pair of sneakers) and as i sat down at the comp had to swipe a creepy crawly off of my leg and stomp it....

which reminded me, a few weekends ago, i was awaken at 7AM being attacked by a scorpion. it stung my right middle finger 3 times, and i wasnt fully awakened until it was stinging my left middle finger for a 4th time. unfortunately i didnt get to kill the bastard as i flung it across the room.

that shit hurt and burned.

now i always thought that scorpion bites (stings) always = immediate death but seeing my daughter and "worse half" take 3, made me worry less, (assuming i didnt have no allergies. i still always thought it would hurt like figs though).

4 stings. it really wasnt that bad. its been a while, but i remember ant and bee stings being worse. i took, 2 benadryl, went back to bed and didnt think of it since (until i found this creepy bastard crawling up my leg tonight) :banging:

its time to spray. unfortunately the scorpions are resiliant mf'ers. we see many more of them than c0ckroaches or waterbugs.

whats funny is if you live a mile away from the foothills, its the complete opposite. never saw a scorpion for years until i moved "up" here.

MasterOfPuppets 04-07-2009 11:12 PM

Re: i finally got stung by a scorpion

congrats !!! ya got yer cherry popped....:tt03::celebrate

steelwall 04-07-2009 11:17 PM

Yeap got nailed by one of my king scorpions once, luckily I grabbed his tail before he could nail me again......normally they are pretty docile..but needless to say I had to "get rid" of him after that.

MasterOfPuppets 04-08-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelwall (Post 587777)
Yeap got nailed by one of my king scorpions once, luckily I grabbed his tail before he could nail me again......normally they are pretty docile..but needless to say I had to "get rid" of him after that.

DID YA FLUSH IT? :chuckle:

steelwall 04-08-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 587784)
DID YA FLUSH IT? :chuckle:

After brutally hacking him to death with a kitchen knife.......

No joke I had to, when I grabbed his tail he grabbed my hand with one of his pinchers, it was a life and death struggle, but man once again came out on top...:wink02:

me= 1 King scorpions= 0..........bring it!!! scorpions...bring it!!!!

steelreserve 04-08-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 587769)
it stung my right middle finger 3 times, and i wasnt fully awakened until it was stinging my left middle finger for a 4th time.

Man. It really knew to go after what's important. I use those things all the time.

MACH1 04-08-2009 01:12 AM

Was it one of those little yellowish sob's?

When I was younger living in Nevada, one of the little bastards got in my shoe. Woke up to go to school and went to puttin on my shoes and it felt like a hot poker going through my middle of my foot. Flung my shoe across the room and the yellow mf'er crawled out. I retrieved my shoe and proceeded to pound it into mush.
Still to this day I have a habit of knocking out my shoes before I put them on.

steelwall 04-08-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1 (Post 587788)
Still to this day I have a habit of knocking out my shoes before I put them on.

I do the same thing......... I never had an experience like yours but I do think about it...

Oh yeah.... now we got a running count...

steelers fans- 2, Scorpions - 0 we're gonna take em again this year, I can feel it.!!!!!

Crushzilla 04-08-2009 05:00 AM

I can't remember for the life of me where he was, but my grandfather got nailed when he was in the army.

One of their training exercises was to dig a foxhole and stay in it for the night. About halfway through the pitch black night he felt a bite on his cheek. He brushed off the attacker, but quickly realized what had happened.

He also laments not having the opportunity to "do him in."

Me? I've never seen one that wasn't behind glass.

Scorpys don't likea the cold...

Galax Steeler 04-08-2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 587776)
congrats !!! ya got yer cherry popped....:tt03::celebrate

:toofunny: