Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Patriots vs. Broncos: The Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3512)

Dirtywater 01-09-2006 01:28 AM

Patriots vs. Broncos: The Thread

hehe, OK, a little dramatic but I haven't been around in a bit. Seriously though, how do you think the Pats will do?

Basically anything leading up to the game.

Date & Time Favorite NFL Line Underdog Total
1/14 4:30 ET At Seattle -9 Washington 41
1/14 8:00 ET At Denver -3.5 New England 44
1/15 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -9.5 Pittsburgh 47.5
1/15 4:30 ET At Chicago -3 Carolina 30.5

I think the line is about right. I have no idea who will win as of now.

3 to be 4 01-09-2006 05:17 AM

Re: Patriots vs. Broncos: The Thread

They were at their most injured and playing at their worst and still managed to stage a comback and only lose 28-20 last time. Belichick almost never loses when he sees a team a second time in a season. Belichick vs Shanahan. Brady vs Plummer.
i have to go with the Patriots.

clevestinks 01-09-2006 08:08 AM

I really have`nt seen to much of Denver all season! I have a hard time with Jake Plummer being that great! I can see the Pats winning another one, setting the table for a AFCC game in Foxsboro , against the Steelers

Suitanim 01-09-2006 08:24 AM

I'm surprised the Pats even made it this far...and the Bronco's are undefeated at home.

Ambridge 01-09-2006 11:14 AM

This should be a good chessmatch between Shanahan and Belichick but in the end I believe New England will shut down the Denver running attack and force Jake Plummer to make a costly mistake or two.

New England-21
Denver-17

Prosdo 01-09-2006 01:40 PM

I think it will be a very close game, but the Pats edge out the Broncos.

Koopa 01-09-2006 01:52 PM

LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS.

i hope they tear the pats apart. but the bastard pats will probably win

Livinginthe past 01-09-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koopa
LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS.

i hope they tear the pats apart. but the bastard pats will probably win

The trouble with you Koopa is that you are far too subtle - why cant you just make it nice and obvious who you want to win?

NM

Livinginthe past 01-09-2006 04:39 PM

Im excited about this game - I think the Broncos have truly flown below the radar this whole season.

They have talent both sides of the ball - and just as importantly they have balance on offense.

Balance is important because BB is great at 'taking away' one facet of your game (its one of the reasons we have such a good recent record against the Steelers) - but Plummer has shown himself to capable QB so far this year and hasnt made many mistakes.

Having said all this - Plummer and his whole team have a reputation for underachieving in the playoffs - getting whooped by the Colts last year was just plain embarrassing.

As far as this season goes I dont think they have faced too much adversity - I think Champ Bailey has missed time but I cant think of many other injuries they have suffered - and its how you deal with things when they go wrong that defines how good a playoff team you are.

The Patriots, on the other hand, have faced alot of adversity this year (like most years it seems) and have come through succesfully - I think this will be a big factor.

Also we have the best big game coach in the game - and the best big game QB - and this is a big game - you do the math!

Pats 26 Broncos 21

NM

Brady12 01-09-2006 06:48 PM

The key to success is shutting down the run, make Jake pass, and we will win. I almost want to guarantee it, but I can't be Broadway Joe on this game.