Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Obama Promise to stop Wiretapping? Not so much... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35268)

revefsreleets 04-17-2009 11:59 AM

Obama Promise to stop Wiretapping? Not so much...

More of the same here. Obama promised to end Bush's "Illegal and immoral wiretapping".

Not only is he not ending it, and not only is he extending it, he's EXPANDING IT!

Bear in mind, you are reading this (probably for the first time) here, on a football website, and this news is over a week old.

Where is MSNBC? CBS? CNN? Where is the outrage by the popular press here? I mean, isn't the wiretapping what made Bush evil? Didn't Obama solemnly promise to eliminate it?

This just gets worse and worse...

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/04...orse-than-bush

Yes, this IS a blog, but there are other links at the bottom of the story to Salon and The Atlantic. This story is very real. This is legit. Obama is caught here in a HUGE lie. I cannot WAIT to see the left try to spin this one...

tony hipchest 04-17-2009 01:07 PM

Re: Obama Promise to stop Wiretapping? Not so much...

:chuckle: a HUGE lie? i'll just laugh at the melodrama.

i dont think theres some major media cover up. i read it a few days ago on NY times or usa today.

do you have a clip of baracks solemn promise? did he like, put his hand on a bible (or koran) or something?

ho hum. obama changed his mind. you ever stop to think that bush was privy to information barack had no clue about when he was spouting off about wiretapping, and now that he gets the security briefings, he might now better understand the rhyme and reason behind some of the things he so was critical of?

anyways another typical day in washington.

headlines- politicians lie.

FWIW- wiretapping is about as important to me as the mating habits of the dung bettle.

but if it will make you feel better.... :shout: OUTRAGE!!!!

SteelersinCA 04-17-2009 01:13 PM

Wasn't this one of the things the Dems were beating on Bush and the Attorney General on?

I didn't like wiretapping when Bush did it and I don't like it if Obama continues it, but funny how the tables turn.

tony hipchest 04-17-2009 01:19 PM

im pretty indifferent either way cause im pretty much on the fence with the issue and see the pros and cons of both sides. of course the democrats would beat on bush for items they dont agree with just like the republicans will beat on obama.

in this case he'll do something they do agree with and STILL beat on him.

SteelersinCA 04-17-2009 01:24 PM

My point is the hypocrisy of politicians is astounding and we keep electing them.

I don't want constitutional rights trampled at all by wiretapping. There are pros to all sorts of illegal activity, but I like the quote by Thomas Jefferson, "It is more dangerous that even a guilty person should be punished without the forms of law than that he should escape."

fansince'76 04-17-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersinCA (Post 591554)
Wasn't this one of the things the Dems were beating on Bush and the Attorney General on?

Nonstop and endlessly.

Quote:

For one thing, under an Obama presidency, Americans will be able to leave behind the era of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and "wiretaps without warrants," he said. (He was referring to the lingering legal fallout over reports that the National Security Agency scooped up Americans' phone and Internet activities without court orders, ostensibly to monitor terrorist plots, in the years after the September 11 attacks.)

It's hardly a new stance for Obama, who has made similar statements in previous campaign speeches, but mention of the issue in a stump speech, alongside more frequently discussed topics like Iraq and education, may give some clue to his priorities.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9845595-7.html

But all of a sudden, I guess it's a good idea now. HOPE! CHANGE! BAAAAAA!

Vincent 04-17-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersinCA (Post 591560)
My point is the hypocrisy of politicians is astounding and we keep electing them.

I don't want constitutional rights trampled at all by wiretapping. There are pros to all sorts of illegal activity, but I like the quote by Thomas Jefferson, "It is more dangerous that even a guilty person should be punished without the forms of law than that he should escape."

This is why the citizens need to bear arms.

They wouldn't be doing this @#$% if we all had nukes. :chuckle:

SteelersinCA 04-17-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent (Post 591579)
This is why the citizens need to bear arms.

They wouldn't be doing this @#$% if we all had nukes. :chuckle:

Nice!!!:drink:

MACH1 04-17-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 591552)
:chuckle: a HUGE lie? i'll just laugh at the melodrama.

i dont think theres some major media cover up. i read it a few days ago on NY times or usa today.
OUTRAGE!!!!

Come on man, you need to use a more creditable news source like msnbc. :chuckle:

PisnNapalm 04-17-2009 07:38 PM

Why am I not surprised..... remember people... buy ammo.