Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Other Stanley Cup Series (potential foes) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35381)

OneForTheToe 04-23-2009 03:35 PM

Other Stanley Cup Series (potential foes)

I'm not happy that Boston had such an easy time of it. I was hoping they would at least have to work up a sweat. But, my god, it is nice to see the Habs lose. That organization, fans, media ect., is so arrogant and full of entitlement, they make Cowboys' fans sound humble. I'm reading and listening to the post mortem over at the CBC website, and you'd swear that not beating the "beans" was a huge upset. Forget the fact that the Habs hardly played themselves into the playoffs.

My favorite new excuse. From CBC reporter: "Some players are telling me that after the announcement came about the possiblre sale of the team, when we were in Pittsburgh, this team was never the same.":rofl: Oh, please - grow a pair if that is true. In fairness, the player they interviewed (not sure who it was), didn't bite much on it, but still....

The Pens continued to get better on the ice the last year of negotiations between the Gov and the Pens when it looked like the team might move to KC. And I believe the Steelers had some ownership indecision this last year as well.

Wow, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder should each buy half of the Habs. That would be so fitting. Can TO skate?

OneForTheToe 04-24-2009 01:45 AM

Re: Other Stanley Cup Series (potential foes)

Watched the Ducks/Sharks game tonight. That was one of the better shatterring of glass I have seen in a while. Nice style points

Also saw a little of the NJ/ Carolina game. I thought the Canes would win this easily. Brouder is stepping up which I guess shouldn't be surprising.

pittsburghp8baller 04-24-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneForTheToe (Post 594267)
Watched the Ducks/Sharks game tonight. That was one of the better shatterring of glass I have seen in a while. Nice style points

Also saw a little of the NJ/ Carolina game. I thought the Canes would win this easily. Brouder is stepping up which I guess shouldn't be surprising.

thats why i didnt want to play New Jersey in the first round. As much as i would be worried about how hot Carolina was coming into the playoffs i was more worried about playing Brodeur in the playoffs.

The Ducks/Sharks series has been a great on to watch, i fell alseep in the middle of the second, you hear about the earthquake that happened during intermission? they said it was a 4.0! Bobby Ryan has amazed me, he gets 70-80 points, 40 goals if he plays a full season. He has a great career ahead of him, for those you dont know, Bobby Ryan was the guy picked second overall in the 2005 draft (the Sidney Crosby sweepstakes).

I think by far the best series to watch as a overall hockey fan has been the Chicago/Calgary series. Its been a great series, back and forth action every game, Chicago wins two, the Calgary wins two. physical play, great goals, everything you want from a playoff series.

The playoffs have been great so far, except the Wings/Jackets series. Every game i have watched have been an entertaining one to watch.

SteelCityMan786 04-26-2009 04:22 PM

Appears a possible match up with the Bruins or Carolina could be in the Penguins future. The Rangers are now trailing 5-2 in the 3rd at the Garden.

X-Terminator 04-26-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 596971)
Appears a possible match up with the Bruins or Carolina could be in the Penguins future. The Rangers are now trailing 5-2 in the 3rd at the Garden.

Washington is going to win Tuesday - the Rangers suck balls and are lucky Florida and Buffalo sucked slightly more. They'd be among the worst teams in the league without Lundqvist. So if Carolina ends up beating New Jersey, they will play Boston and the Pens get the Craps. If New Jersey closes it out tonight, then they likely get Boston. Neither team I'd be particularly thrilled with going up against having to start on the road.

SteelCityMan786 04-26-2009 07:55 PM

Ray Whitney Goal makes it 1-0 Canes.

SteelCityMan786 04-26-2009 08:45 PM

3-0 Carolina after 2 goals by Staal

X-Terminator 04-26-2009 08:55 PM

Looks like this one is going to Game 7, and I like the Devils' chances there.

SteelCityMan786 04-26-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Terminator (Post 597270)
Looks like this one is going to Game 7, and I like the Devils' chances there.

Especially since it's at The Rock not to mention.

SteelCityMan786 04-26-2009 09:45 PM

Unless something happens, Jokinen has guranteed a game 7 on Tuesday.

So that means Tuesday

New York @ Washington
Carolina @ New Jersey

Here's how the pairings would go basing it off of who wins.

Carolina and New York win
Pittsburgh plays Carolina
Boston plays New York

Carolina and Washington win
Pittsburgh plays Washington
Boston plays Carolina

New Jersey and New York Win
Pittsburgh plays New Jersey
Boston plays New York

New Jersey and Washington win
Pittsburgh plays Boston
New Jersey plays Washington