Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Freddie Mac CFO kills himself (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35417)

tony hipchest 04-25-2009 12:25 AM

Freddie Mac CFO kills himself

i probably shoulda just posted this in the "Official make fun of democrats/blame obama for everything thread". :hunch:

this boards contstituent conservative caucus is either slipping or overconsumed with this weekends draft. :noidea: i was almost certain those on the right wouldve embraced this story with much... :danceshout: :laughing: & :point: (admittedly i dont know if kellerman was a registerd republican or democrat, not that it would make any difference as it is obviously an obama "hit".)

i'm almost disappointed.....

anyways-

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...arent-suicide/

xfl2001fan 04-25-2009 06:39 AM

Re: Freddie Mac CFO kills himself

This was posted in the Veterans private forum. :doh: Since I wasn't the OP there, it didn't occur to me that it needed to be opened here.

GBMelBlount 04-25-2009 07:04 AM

Thanks for posting Tony.

Quote:

Freddie Mac was established by Congress in 1970 to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the nation's residential mortgage markets by guaranteeing loans to what is now 3 million homebuyers. It has been in the center of the mortgage meltdown along with Fannie Mae, requiring $60 billion in federal funding to secure bad loans. The government took over the two government-sponsored enterprises in hopes of preventing further fallout.
So let me get this straight. Freddie Mac was created by the government and inserted into free markets to provide stability....Then Freddie Mac tanks and ostensibly ruins the world economy and the solution is to bring in more government to fix things and provide better stability?....... :toofunny:

Texasteel 04-25-2009 10:56 AM

I don't know who this guy was, or what he may have done, but I find heartbraking that he felt the only way out was to take his own life.

I don't care what his politics was.

tony hipchest 04-25-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 594783)
i was almost certain those on the right wouldve embraced this story with much... :danceshout: :laughing: & :point:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBMelBlount (Post 594838)

:toofunny:

bravo. :applaudit: i knew GB of all people, wouldnt let me down. :shake01:

Texasteel 04-25-2009 11:21 AM

I don't think GB was talking about the story, but the situation creating the institution itself.

GBMelBlount 04-25-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 594886)
bravo. :applaudit: i knew GB of all people, wouldnt let me down. :shake01:

Thoughts on what's appropriate (or not) coming from someone who calls Palin a "MILF" and Bush an "abortion". :applaudit:

Nice. :shake01:

SteelersinCA 04-25-2009 12:56 PM

I think Palin is a MILF or is it GILF now, that's kind of eww.

tony hipchest 04-25-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasteel (Post 594891)
I don't think GB was talking about the story, but the situation creating the institution itself.

so you too can see he was deflecting and hijacking the thread.

Preacher 04-25-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 594932)
so you too can see he was deflecting and hijacking the thread.

Well, when your only reason for starting this thread is to bait him, I doubt very much you can call it "hijacking"

A man sees fit to commit suicide, and you use to bait someone in a thread.

:doh: