Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who should be our QB's now (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=355)

BlitzburghRockCity 03-09-2005 08:40 AM

Who should be our QB's now

Since we all know Ben is entrenched as our starter.. what would you do St. Pierre, Batch, and Maddox ? Who do you keep? and do you let Randle El be the emergency QB and only carry 2, like we did before?

SteelersFever 03-09-2005 08:59 AM

Re: Who should be our QB's now

I would keep Maddox. He's a great learning tool for Roethlisberger, and if #7 gets injured (knock on wood), Tommy Gun would be able to take control rather nicely. I'd also try to find a way to keep Batch. Cause with Burress out of the picture, we will need Randle El to be the starting WR.

JerseySTEEL 03-09-2005 10:48 AM

id liek to keep batch a tommy but prob wotn happedn i ratehr keep batch bc of cap reasons.

clevestinks 03-09-2005 02:12 PM

I like Batch, for being a Pittsburgher native, and always seem tough. Maddox I also like but is a little fragile. So its a toss up to me. I do think we could cut St.Pierre and pick him up as needed, I don`t think he would get picked up elsewhere

BlitzburghRockCity 03-09-2005 02:14 PM

The only thing that keeps me from wanting batch is that he hasnt played a game in over 2 years now..cuz of either bench or injuries.

clevestinks 03-09-2005 02:25 PM

But he probably has more total starts for his career? I mean none lately I`m just looking at exp.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-09-2005 02:36 PM

NFL experience, yeah, ur right or atleast probably right since i dont know the stats off the top of my head.. but overall starts, tommy gets that nod..from the arena league, nfl, and the xfl.

ironcitychef 03-09-2005 11:14 PM

Our qbs: 1) Roethlisberger, 2) Maddox, 3) St. Pierre(or other)... and the reasons...

Ben is the franchise plain up. We wanted Kordel to be it, but luckily we were not financially committed to him. Ben is our guy for the next five win, lose or draw.(look at Couch in Cleveland.) You just cant test drive him, you have to wait and see what develops.

Maddox is second because he has done it. When we ran and protected he was a 3,000 plus QB. So he can handle the physical and mentally tasks of the back up role. Plus he had his shot, got his better than selling insurance payday and won't be any headache to the club.

Batch is gone. Free agent + injury = keep in touch. He had too much salary for us to keep. I mean come on, how often does a #3 QB touch the ball in the nfl? Your job is to help with the scout team. Now why St. Pierre stays...

St. Pierre stays because he can sim so many QB's for our scout team. He has decent arm, decent speed, and is a quick leaner when it comes to simming other qb's. Plus he knows a guy from BC could do worse. Now the question and point to ponder is, do the Steelers keep him through camp to help with all the passes to throw, then sign him to our growing practice squad, and run 2 qb's on game day? I say yes. Ben is tough, Tommy a little less durable, but could last. Then we have Randle El, Ward, and Wilson? Also, St. Pierre could be gone(minimal cap hit) because some rookie falls in the draft and we take a chance in case we can trade him later.

My $0.02

clevestinks 03-12-2005 03:15 PM

Nice $.02 , great take makes enough sense to me

BlitzburghRockCity 03-12-2005 03:56 PM

I'll take that list myself.. nice call chef :cool: