Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Enter Quietly....... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35558)

trauben 04-28-2009 12:34 PM

Enter Quietly.......

.........we don't want to "jinx" anything or startle anyone from their current focus, but we're actually in second place, 2.5 games behind St. Louis.

St. Louis 14 6 .700 -
Pittsburgh 11 8 .579 2.5
Cincinnati 10 9 .526 3.5
Chicago 9 9 .500 4.0
Milwaukee 9 10 .474 4.5
Houston 8 12 .400 6.0

And they even swept the Marlins. :thud:

I was having a conversation about them a month ago and talked about how I wasn't even going to bother taking in a game of this year. Instead I said that I was just going to follow the Cubs (my 2nd favorite team). The Cubs were touted as having a really strong chance this year, so I talked about how they'd be "my adopted team". But now I find my Pirates sitting above .500 and are actually looking "consistently" strong, and the Cubs langer behind. Yes, I know it's only the end of April, but one can hope, yes? :hope: (I guess that means I haven't given up hope in my buccos after all!)

T.Richardson 04-28-2009 04:12 PM

Re: Enter Quietly.......

Whaaa? a Cubs fan? How could you be a Cubs fan, they are the Pirates division rival! Are you like a Dave Littlefield clone?

Anyways, the Pirates need to send Karstons to Indy, he has no control on his pitches, and its embarrassing to see him pitch... I really wish Gorzelanny had some confidence in his pitches, because the Pirates need him to revert back to his '07 form.

I wish McLouth would freakin heal up already! He is like the centerpiece of the offense on this team. Plus hes my fav. player, and I love seeing him smash home runs.

55BaileyFan 04-28-2009 06:06 PM

Still too earlier to tell. We have to wait until they get through about 30 games then we can see.

pittsburghp8baller 04-28-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan (Post 598843)
Still too earlier to tell. We have to wait until they get through about 30 games then we can see.

30 games is still WAY to soon to tell. its a 6 month season, 30 games is only 1 month. just about every on the pirates are slow starters, so if there bat gets real hot like it usually does later in the season and we still manage to be around where we are now, you better look out.

but now is to way to soon to say we are in OR out

X-Terminator 04-28-2009 10:19 PM

Looks like we're out...

T.Richardson 04-28-2009 10:28 PM

too early to call that X.

trauben 04-29-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Richardson (Post 598792)
Whaaa? a Cubs fan? How could you be a Cubs fan, they are the Pirates division rival! Are you like a Dave Littlefield clone?

I have no idea who Dave Littlefield is or was, nor do I care, so that statement means zilch to me.

Fact is, I was a HUGE Pirates/baseball fan as a kid. If I wasn't playing the game (catcher), then I was watching it on TV. I watched every game I could when they were on. If they were away and it wasn't being aired, then I was listening to it on my 'transistor' radio.

I l:heart:ved attending games with my dad and siblings. In those days you had players out on the field with names like; Clemente, Stargel, Sanguillien, Hebner, Alley, Moose, Cash, Parker, Ellis and Oliver, (yeah, I know I'm old). But since the early 90s, I, quite frankly, don't follow the sport anymore except when something unusual happens (like the Pirates on a winning streak occurs).

I'm no Cubs "fan". If I were I'd follow them, but I don't. I just happen to have a soft spot for them so if my Pirates can't win it, then I'm for the Cubs if I happen to be paying attention that year. It's an "underdog" thing. Obviously you don't get it. :noidea:

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Terminator (Post 598978)
Looks like we're out...

LOL...... Two losses in a row. I shouldn't have said anything.

T.Richardson 05-03-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trauben (Post 599114)
I have no idea who Dave Littlefield is or was, nor do I care, so that statement means zilch to me.

Fact is, I was a HUGE Pirates/baseball fan as a kid. If I wasn't playing the game (catcher), then I was watching it on TV. I watched every game I could when they were on. If they were away and it wasn't being aired, then I was listening to it on my 'transistor' radio.

I l:heart:ved attending games with my dad and siblings. In those days you had players out on the field with names like; Clemente, Stargel, Sanguillien, Hebner, Alley, Moose, Cash, Parker, Ellis and Oliver, (yeah, I know I'm old). But since the early 90s, I, quite frankly, don't follow the sport anymore except when something unusual happens (like the Pirates on a winning streak occurs).

I'm no Cubs "fan". If I were I'd follow them, but I don't. I just happen to have a soft spot for them so if my Pirates can't win it, then I'm for the Cubs if I happen to be paying attention that year. It's an "underdog" thing. Obviously you don't get it. :noidea:

LOL...... Two losses in a row. I shouldn't have said anything.

Dave Littlefield, the dumbest GM for the Pirates ever, the same dude who traded the Pirates best player, Aramis Ramirez to the division rival Cubs...:doh: And now works for the Cubs. Thats why I stated that.

X-Terminator 05-03-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Richardson (Post 601065)
Dave Littlefield, the dumbest GM for the Pirates ever, the same dude who traded the Pirates best player, Aramis Ramirez to the division rival Cubs...:doh: And now works for the Cubs. Thats why I stated that.

You forgot to mention that he traded A-Ram for the equivalent of a wad of used chewing gum and some empty sunflower seed shells. I didn't know he worked for the Cubs now though. Conspiracy? It sure smells funny, I know that.

trauben 05-04-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Richardson (Post 601065)
Dave Littlefield, the dumbest GM for the Pirates ever, the same dude who traded the Pirates best player, Aramis Ramirez to the division rival Cubs. And now works for the Cubs. Thats why I stated that.

I told you I haven't bothered following baseball for over a decade and a half now. :hatsoff: