Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Way to keep us calm, Joe... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35605)

revefsreleets 04-30-2009 08:55 AM

Way to keep us calm, Joe...

Biden is a blithering idiot. It scares the shit out of me to think that HE'S only a heartbeat away...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090430/...lu_usa_biden_1

WASHINGTON (Reuters) U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Thursday he would tell his family to stay out of airplanes or subways to avoid contracting swine flu, prompting his office to issue a clarification.
Asked on NBC's "Today" show what he would tell members of his family if they asked him whether they should get on a commercial airliner to Mexico in the next week, Biden said:
"I would tell members of my family -- and I have -- I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now."
He said the problem is that "when one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft."
"I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway. So from my perspective, what it relates to is mitigation," he said.
"If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes, that's one thing. If you're in a closed aircraft or a closed container, a closed car, a closed classroom, it's a different thing," he added.
Biden's spokesperson, Elizabeth Alexander, sought to clarify Biden's remarks in a statement issued shortly after his television interview.
"The advice he is giving family members is the same advice the administration is giving to all Americans: that they should avoid unnecessary air travel to and from Mexico," she said.
"If they are sick, they should avoid airplanes and other confined public spaces, such as subways. This is the advice the vice president has given family members who are traveling by commercial airline this week," Alexander said.

SteelersinCA 04-30-2009 09:55 AM

Re: Way to keep us calm, Joe...

Biden is a fool, I can't stand that guy, but it only gets worse after him, Pelosi??

I can't think of a single good thing Biden has done since he's been VP. I think BO has it right, keep Joe under the radar.

klick81 04-30-2009 10:13 AM

So you need Biden to keep you calm now? If his comments throw you into a panic, maybe you should consider your frame of thought before criticizing anyone else.

I found nothing wrong with what he said.

SteelersinCA 04-30-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klick81 (Post 599637)
So you need Biden to keep you calm now? If his comments throw you into a panic, maybe you should consider your frame of thought before criticizing anyone else.

You mean other than the fact that he's the VP and people might actually listen to him and it could potentially send the nation into a panic?? You're right every one knows not to listen to him anyway. :doh:

Vincent 04-30-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 599606)
Biden is a blithering idiot. It scares the shit out of me to think that HE'S only a heartbeat away...

Yes, but thank Heaven we don't have that Palin woman... :chuckle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersinCA (Post 599629)
Biden is a fool, I can't stand that guy, but it only gets worse after him, Pelosi??

I can't think of a single good thing Biden has done since he's been VP. I think BO has it right, keep Joe under the radar.

Why then, have him on the ticket??? Anybody would have been a better choice.

tony hipchest 04-30-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

absolutely spot on. this is by far the shittiest panic article posted to date.

in other news... joe biden advised all family members to cook pork to an internal temperature of 165 degrees before eating.

:shout: - PANIC!!!

schools are teaching children to always wash their hands and cover their mouths when sneezing. :jawdrop:

:shout: - PANIC!!!

HometownGal 04-30-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersinCA (Post 599629)
I can't think of a single good thing Biden has done since he's been VP.

I can't think of anything that Bidrunk has done since taking the VP office other than shout obscenities and bend the elbow. :alcoholic:

fansince'76 04-30-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

If there was "nothing wrong" with what he said, why did somebody see a need to "clarify" his comments? He's as bad as Quayle when it comes to making himself look like an idiot every time he opens his mouth. Let's see, first there was his warning before Obama took office that Obama was going to make mistakes when dealing with critical international issues, then he asked a wheelchair-bound man to stand up, now this. If I were Obama, I'd have had him under a gag order by now.

Dino 6 Rings 04-30-2009 11:34 AM

I'm still wondering when we can go from being concerned to being alarmed:

"This is obviously a cause for concern and requires a heightened state of alert," Obama said. "But it's not a cause for alarm."

Dino 6 Rings 04-30-2009 11:39 AM

I wonder what the Surgeon General says about Swine Flu...oh wait...my bad...we don't have one yet...