Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Ovechkin death threat gets Pen's fan arrested (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35785)

Fire Haley 05-07-2009 09:09 PM

Ovechkin death threat gets Pen's fan arrested

Off to Gitmo with you punk!

Police Seize Laptop In Ovechkin Death Threat Investigation

Pennsylvania state police in Chambersburg said they responded to an address on Newcomer Road in Franklin County to assist with a terroristic threat investigation on Wednesday night.

This investigation involved a threatening message that was posted on a Pittsburgh Penguin message board directed toward Washington Capital hockey player Alexander Ovechkin, police said.

As a result of this investigation, a laptop computer was seized, and the occupants of the residence were identified and accounted for, police said.

Police told Channel 11's Marc Willis that a 17-year-old in Chambersburg, Pa. posted the threat on an NHL Web site on Wednesday. Chambersburg is located about three hours east of Pittsburgh.

The teen posted that he was going to kill Ovechkin and said he didn't care if he had to go to jail, police said.

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/19397791/detail.html

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh196/kcmckee/dt.jpg

HometownGal 05-07-2009 09:14 PM

Re: Ovechkin death threat gets Pen's fan arrested

What a twisted and demented person this is. :horror: I'm not a fan of AO, but geez - I don't wish any serious harm on him. I think this sick SOB should be made to stand in the goal crease and have the caveman fire pucks at him for 20 minutes after tomorrow night's game.

NEPAsteeler 05-07-2009 09:25 PM

No one should ever wish death upon anyone, no matter how much you dislike someone. This kid's messed up. :doh:

Fire Haley 05-07-2009 09:42 PM

spys are everywhere - better watch what you say

Those mods should be sent to Gitmo with him for allowing it to be posted.

HometownGal 05-07-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 603237)
Those mods should be sent to Gitmo with him for allowing it to be posted.

Abso-freakin-lutely. If anyone ever posted something like that around here, they would be booted the hell out of here without hesitation. I hope they throw the book at this wacko. :screwy:

steelwall 05-07-2009 10:32 PM

You know I wouldn't doubt this kid has issues. But the fact is he is a kid. Labeling him a "terrorist threat" for an idiotic and 'childish' remark on a website seems a bit extreme.

I'm all for the police to investigate these things, but throwing the word 'terrorist' in there on a 17 year old without a having done a full investigation seems to be jumping the gun.

SteelCityMan786 05-07-2009 10:39 PM

I hate AO, but this is uncalled for.

Edman 05-07-2009 11:03 PM

They thought that was bad. Wait until they read Bengals Zone and the lovely things the board twats have to say about the Rooneys, Steelers players, the coaches, or even their families. No matter what, it's uncalled for.

Get over yourself, it's just a game. What an idiot. I don't like Ovechdick, but I don't wanna kill the man. Geez.

HometownGal 05-07-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 603259)
They thought that was bad. Wait until they read Bengals Zone and the lovely things the Bengal fans have to say about Steelers players or their families. No matter what, it's uncalled for.

OMG - I remember a site called GoBengals and there was this guy named Black Jesus who made very direct threats against Cowher and his family. I think that site was disbanded if I'm not mistaken.

In today's day and age, every threatening statement made by someone (and a 17 year old, imho, is not a "kid") against another person must be investigated.

SteelCityMan786 05-07-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 603261)
OMG - I remember a site called GoBengals and there was this guy named Black Jesus who made very direct threats against Cowher and his family. I think that site was disbanded if I'm not mistaken.

In today's day and age, every threatening statement made by someone (and a 17 year old, imho, is not a "kid") against another person must be investigated.

Agreed with remarks to 17. In my opinion, 17 is when in reality "kids" under the law should be acting with the maturity of someone who is legally an adult(Positive Maturity that is). I have attempted the last few years to make strides towards acting as such so when I turn 18, I know what is expected of me.

My school has gotten threatened Twice in the last 3 years with violence which has annoyed me. Fortunately nothing this year, but you said it HTG, we're in too serious of a society to make these threats.