Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Techie... Overclocking. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36027)

Preacher 05-24-2009 12:23 AM

Techie... Overclocking.

OK.

Like an idiot, I couldn't leave my new computer alone, so now I am overclocking it.

I got it up to 3.78 at 165 MHz However, I am trying to break the 4. barrier.

Dang dang dang... I have adjusted the Vcore, the CPU-VTT, but nothing stable over 3.78 yet.

What are you all running at?

SteelersinCA 05-24-2009 12:53 AM

Re: Techie... Overclocking.

I left mine at 3.8. I couldn't get above that on air cooling under load. I like my temps below 80c. I like to be safe. Check the evga.com forums they have terrific OCing guides on there.

Preacher 05-24-2009 09:41 AM

Yeah, thing is, I had to back it down to 3.6 to be stable. I have read that 4.2 is doable on air. With the case I have and the new heatsink and fan, I should be able to hit it. I just can't figure out how to overclock the thing properly.

stillers4me 05-24-2009 10:59 AM

HUH? :chuckle:

xfl2001fan 05-24-2009 11:28 AM

You shouldn't need to be above 3.6 anyways. You're trying to add HP to a 350 engine. At that point, it's more about bragging rights.

JEFF4i 05-24-2009 11:41 AM

Preacher...you're a curious case there Father.

Preacher 05-24-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfl2001fan (Post 609026)
You shouldn't need to be above 3.6 anyways. You're trying to add HP to a 350 engine. At that point, it's more about bragging rights.

Yep! :chuckle:

No, seriously, it is also about me just pushing a system I built to see the limitations. I just enjoy the challenge.

Preacher 05-24-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF4i (Post 609030)
Preacher...you're a curious case there Father.

:sofunny:

Yeah... it was either get into computing again, or cars... and cars are WAY too expensive to work on.

This is a real stressful job. So something like computers is a joy that takes my mind off of what I do here.

Wanna see a curious case? Think about the fact that I still drive down the road with Metallica playing in the car! I just refuse to listen to certain songs, like "The God that Failed"

JEFF4i 05-24-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 609038)
:sofunny:

Yeah... it was either get into computing again, or cars... and cars are WAY too expensive to work on.

This is a real stressful job. So something like computers is a joy that takes my mind off of what I do here.

Wanna see a curious case? Think about the fact that I still drive down the road with Metallica playing in the car! I just refuse to listen to certain songs, like "The God that Failed"

Coolest, Father, ever. :)

Honestly, the Padre at my church growing up was a great guy, just not nearly as up to date as yourself. My gal's clocked at 3.6, I was feeling lazy and left it off there.

Preacher 05-24-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfl2001fan (Post 609026)

Oh, and, um, excuse me, but if you are running a 351 Cleveland with a 4 barrel carb with 350 ponies under the hood, the heads and pistons already hardended and ready... If all it took was some time and NO MONEY, DONT TELL ME you wouldn't sneak a spacer plate between the carb and manifold... and hook up a little Nitro to the puppy. :wink02: