Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Ever had a "spinal" headache (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36044)

hindes204 05-24-2009 07:39 PM

Ever had a "spinal" headache

If not....you dont want one. i just spent the last week in and out of the ER due to a spinal headache brought on by getting a spinal tap. Worst pain ive ever felt in my entire life...it lasted almost five days and took two separate blood patches to fix. Moral of the story: Dont EVER agree to a spinal tap unless the doctors truly believe it is absolutely necessary

HometownGal 05-24-2009 08:01 PM

Re: Ever had a "spinal" headache

Quote:

Originally Posted by hindes204 (Post 609203)
If not....you dont want one. i just spent the last week in and out of the ER due to a spinal headache brought on by getting a spinal tap. Worst pain ive ever felt in my entire life...it lasted almost five days and took two separate blood patches to fix. Moral of the story: Dont EVER agree to a spinal tap unless the doctors truly believe it is absolutely necessary

Yep - I've had two of those ferocious spinal headaches in my life - both happened after I had "spinals" for my C-sections. OMG - worse headaches I've ever experienced!! :horror: I'm so sorry you had to deal with that and hope you are feeling better. :hug:

hindes204 05-24-2009 09:03 PM

thanks....yea, the doc said it happens alot with baby delivery because of the epidural.....i cant imagine going thru that twice, i cant even think about that amount of pain ever again, ive never felt anything like that before

fansince'76 05-24-2009 09:33 PM

Never had a spinal tap or a spinal headache, fortunately, and I definitely don't want either. Glad you're feeling better. :drink:

steelwall 05-24-2009 11:02 PM

I've been shot 2 times...once I was grazed on my right side (not serious more of a burn, and a good story) and I had a bullet go through my calf (that one smarted a bit).....but NOTHING compaired to the pain of pancreatitus..

I never thought I would ever be in so much pain Id rather be dead but that was one time I did.....

Edit:

Imagine someone with about a 6 inch rusty, dull steak knife stuck in your breadbasket....while twisting it...then you will have an inkling of what it feels like.

MACH1 05-24-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelwall (Post 609283)
I've been shot 2 times...once I was grazed on my right side (not serious more of a burn, and a good story) and I had a bullet go through my calf (that one smarted a bit).....but NOTHING compaired to the pain of pancreatitus..

I never thought I would ever be in so much pain Id rather be dead but that was one time I did.....

Edit:

Imagine someone with about a 6 inch rusty, dull steak knife stuck in your breadbasket....while twisting it...then you will have an inkling of what it feels like.

My appendix ruptured when I was younger. I think that's pretty close. Only way too explain it, it feels like you've been gut shot.

Never had a spinal headache though.

Preacher 05-24-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 609253)
Never had a spinal tap or a spinal headache, fortunately, and I definitely don't want either. Glad you're feeling better. :drink:

Neither have I, nor a c-section :chuckle:

Vincent 05-25-2009 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1 (Post 609296)
My appendix ruptured when I was younger. I think that's pretty close. Only way too explain it, it feels like you've been gut shot.

Ah, the memories. Mine ruptured one night when I was 15. Didn't realize what it was, just that I thought I was deathly ill. 24 hours later when my temp had gone to 104, my parents thought it might be a good idea to visit the doctor. The doctor had me rushed to the ER. Problem was that a nearby factory had exploded that night and the ORs were backed up for hours. By the time they opened me I was over 107 and Peritonitis had set in.

Speaking of passing through hell...

A month in isolation with daily removal of dead tissue. Unbelievable pain. I'll spare the details.

xfl2001fan 05-25-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 609330)

Same...but I complain about my uterus hurting every time the wife gets pregnant. :laughing:

The nurses/docs love having me around.

Galax Steeler 05-25-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 609330)

Preacher there is something definetly wrong with you if you have had a c-section.:toofunny: