Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Training Camp (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   2009 Steelers Training Camp Information (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36186)

SteelCityMan786 06-04-2009 03:00 PM

2009 Steelers Training Camp Information

It's that time of year again.

http://news.steelers.com/article/105725/

Normal Schedule: Parking lots open at noon. Campus opens at 1:30 p.m. and practice is at 2:55. Steelers Experience opens one hour before practice and closes one hour after practice at St. Vincent College. Campus closes one hour after the end of practice. All times are subject to change. The schedule changes for night practices.

Daily updates regarding the Steelers practice schedule will be available on this page. Please be sure to check the schedule on a regular basis for any changes.

Please keep in mind that there might be changes to the practice schedule or cancellation of practice because of weather conditions. Unfortunately sometimes those changes occur shortly before practice is scheduled to take place and we are unable to announce the change.

There is no admission charge for practices at St. Vincent College. For practice at the high school field there is a small admission fee.

Training Camp Fast Facts:

Dates: Players report July 31. First open day of practice is Saturday, August 1. Last public day of open practice is August 20.

Practice Time: Practices normally start about 2:55 but are subject to change without notice.

Location: St. Vincent College is the home to Steelers. The campus opens at 1:30 p.m. for fans. Campus is cleared one hour after practice ends. The schedule varies for night practice. This is subject to change and campus can close earlier without notice.

Steelers Experience:
The Steelers Experience normally runs from 2:00 pm to 6:00 when there is a 2:55 p.m. practice. The schedule varies based on practice time. Please note the experience is subject to close due to the weather.

Restrictions:
There is no videotaping of practice permitted. Video cameras should not be brought on campus. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on campus. Bags and coolers will be searched by security. No pets are permitted on campus.

Handicapped Access: Training camp is handicapped accessible. There is limited handicapped parking available and once this area is filled there is a handicap drop off and pick up location. A government issued placard is required.

HometownGal 06-04-2009 06:25 PM

Re: Steelers announce training camp schedule...

Awesome!!! :tt03: Thanks for posting it. :drink:

Not sure what day(s) I'll be going but I plan on getting out there at least twice. :banana:

7willBheaven 06-04-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 612760)
Awesome!!! :tt03: Thanks for posting it. :drink:

Not sure what day(s) I'll be going but I plan on getting out there at least twice. :banana:

No problem. I've been going the last 3 years now. I'm hoping to go the 1st day...even though this yr its on a Sat which means a TON of people...i was hoping day 1 would be a weekday. Also the Friday Night practice i will be going to...if you never have gone to it...and can...i would recommend it. Its like $3 to get in (goes to the school), and ALL players must sign autographs (for like 15-20 min)...refreshments/food is sold and is reasonable...its just a great experience. Other than that (and the last day of camp) i dunno when i'll be going!

SteelCityMan786 06-04-2009 10:11 PM

I guess I'll have to go early in the month.

Preacher 06-04-2009 10:16 PM

Re: 2009 Steelers Training Camp Information

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 612709)
. . .

Restrictions: T
here is no videotaping of practice permitted. Video cameras should not be brought on campus. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on campus. Bags and coolers will be searched by se. . ..

Its the Bellicheat rule

SteelCityMan786 06-04-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 612938)
Its the Bellicheat rule

Are you stunned??? :chuckle:

bjacot 06-05-2009 08:42 AM

Thanks for the information - I've been waiting for the schedule to come out. I talked my wife into taking the kids and having a "mini-vacation" maybe the first week of August.
We're lifetime Steelers fans, but we've never been to a training camp. If anyone can offer any pointers, it would be much appreciated.
We're hoping to go sometime during the week to (hopfully) avoid the bigger crowds.
Thanks! Go Stillers!

jev7452 06-05-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7willBheaven (Post 612932)
Also the Friday Night practice i will be going to...if you never have gone to it...and can...i would recommend it. Its like $3 to get in (goes to the school), and ALL players must sign autographs (for like 15-20 min)...refreshments/food is sold and is reasonable...its just a great experience. Other than that (and the last day of camp) i dunno when i'll be going!

when is this?? i'll be up there around the 11th through the 18th, or something around those dates, and am definitely planning on going to at least one day.. that friday night one sounds awesome

SteelCityMan786 06-05-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jev7452 (Post 613078)
when is this?? i'll be up there around the 11th through the 18th, or something around those dates, and am definitely planning on going to at least one day.. that friday night one sounds awesome

August 7th

steelymcmatt 06-08-2009 10:13 PM

Sounds like we should have a SF meetup the evening of the 7th!!!!