Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Same time next year? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36380)

The_WARDen 06-16-2009 10:32 AM

Same time next year?

Thoughts on Round 3 with the Red Wings next year aka the rubber match...

stlrtruck 06-16-2009 11:37 AM

Re: Same time next year?

no need to go through detroit's whining after they lose to us a second time, let the whining come from some other place.

HometownGal 06-16-2009 12:04 PM

Each team is going to lose some players, so until the season gets going, it's hard to predict where the Pens and the Wings are going to be come this time next season. Both teams have some great core players - it's the 2nd and 3rd tier players where I think the Pens hold the advantage at present, but after seeing what Shero (and Bylsma) did with these guys late in the season and throughout the playoffs and SCF, I have very little doubt that the Pens could be at the same place, same time next year.

SteelCityMan786 06-16-2009 12:10 PM

I think if the Pens can keep the core together and bring in some extra pieces to the puzzle who could become part of that core of good players, then who knows. I think the Pens can repeat, but it's only June 16 and the Draft is not until next Friday and FA doesn't start until July 1. Anything can happen.

First of all I'd like to enjoy this victory before I worry about the next round.

The_WARDen 06-16-2009 12:25 PM

After the great ratings this game 7 just got, the NHL better hope it's a rematch next year...it would be a great building block for building some interest among non diehard hockey fans.

As a fan though, I'd love to beat them one more time next year...best 2 out of 3.

:chuckle:

The_WARDen 06-16-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrtruck (Post 616839)
no need to go through detroit's whining after they lose to us a second time, let the whining come from some other place.

So much for them being great character guys huh? Even the CFO of my company (who's a Flyer fan), said to me that Detroit just needs to shut up.

SCSTILLER 06-16-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_WARDen (Post 616856)
So much for them being great character guys huh? Even the CFO of my company (who's a Flyer fan), said to me that Detroit just needs to shut up.

Damn, for a Flyer's fan to say that, you know there is a ton of whining going on :chuckle:

Fire Haley 06-16-2009 01:09 PM

No guarantees of anything.

If Talbot doesn't get in a fight with Carcillo down 0-3 in that Game 6 Flyers game, maybe we don't make it out of Round 1.

It was a magical year - just like the Steelers.