Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36382)

Edman 06-16-2009 11:59 AM

Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

Also gets 10 years probation, a thousand hours of community service, and worked out some deal with the family. Just heard on Sportscenter.

http://images.sodahead.com/images/po..._3_medium.jpeg

Nice job working the system by him and his lawyer.

meanjoecoop 06-16-2009 12:13 PM

Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

He had the option to be traded to the Bengals or serve 30 days + probation. He took the 30 days.

Stallworth said about his plea options "Being traded to the Cincinnati Bengals would have been a life sentence...It was not an option I would even consider."

Seriously...30 days! Depending on the commissioner he might not even miss a day of training camp.

Must be nice to be a celebrity. A friend of mine had a sister who hit and killed a pedestrian while distracted by her minivan full of kids and a cell phone call. No alcohol. She got 5 years.

RoethlisBURGHer 06-16-2009 12:15 PM

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!

If this was any regular Joe, we would have already had a trial started and we would be convicted and had the book thrown at us for this crime.

When will athletes and celebrities finally get the same treatment in the court of law that any of us would? Judges always say that athletes and celebrities are not above the law...but then they accept deals like this. Hypocrites.

Fire Haley 06-16-2009 12:20 PM

He worked out a deal to pay off the family.

That eliminated any future civil suit. all sides agreed.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...0,483389.story

revefsreleets 06-16-2009 12:34 PM

That's very sad. But, truth is, rich people can pay to work the system. From a possible to 15 years, or 5475 days, all the way down to a mere 30 days is quite a bit of disparity.

lilyoder6 06-16-2009 01:40 PM

i think the day that athletes and celebs get treated like evryone else.. is the day when they have no money left 2 get there way out of shit

xfl2001fan 06-16-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyoder6 (Post 616859)
i think the day that athletes and celebs get treated like evryone else.. is the day when they have no money left 2 get there way out of shit

The way this economy is going, that might not be too far off. (This isn't about left/right or Dem/Rep either...just a general statement about how bad our economy is).

That being said, it's a crock of $hit that he gets off like this. I wish someone would do him serious bodily harm so that he couldn't come back to my team. And yes, I do mean that.

KeiselPower99 06-16-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 616837)
That's very sad. But, truth is, rich people can pay to work the system. From a possible to 15 years, or 5475 days, all the way down to a mere 30 days is quite a bit of disparity.

I havent heard more truthful words in a long time.

steelreserve 06-16-2009 02:37 PM

30 days in jail for KILLING a guy? That's the biggest fricking joke I've ever heard.

It'll be interesting to see how this compares with this guy, the drunk driver who killed Nick Adenhart from the Angels. Something tells me when the shoe is on the other foot, this (non-celebrity) killer is going to get the book thrown at him.

Fire Haley 06-16-2009 02:49 PM

Money can't buy happiness, unless you're a millionaire (and not killing dogs)

Vince Neil

In 1984 Vince Neil the lead singer for the band Mötley Crüe, lost control of the car he was driving and hit an opposing vehicle. The two occupants of the other car were seriously injured but the passenger of Neil's car, Nicholas Dingley (aka Razzle, drummer for the Finnish metal band Hanoi Rocks) was killed. Neil was charged with vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence of alcohol.

In July of 1986 he was sentenced to 30 days in jail, 5 years probation, $2.6 million in restitution to the victims of the crash and 200 hours of community service. Neil got out of jail in 20 days for good behavior.