Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Carson doesn't want to be no TV star (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36720)

I-Want-Troy's-Hair 07-03-2009 03:14 PM

Carson doesn't want to be no TV star

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...re-188529.html

I had just asked quarterback Carson Palmer how he feels about his teammates becoming HBO’s latest stars this summer when “Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cincinnati Bengals” unfolds from Georgetown (Ky.) College.

He didn’t utter a word. His body language said it all. Palmer will relish the scrutiny of NFL Films’ cameras and microphones about as much as he enjoyed rehabilitating his right elbow injury from a year ago when the tendon and ligament were detached from the bone.

As Associated Press reporter Joe Kay wrote: “The cable channel and NFL Films chose one of the least successful and most dysfunctional teams of the past 18 years” for the series.

And the Bengals agreed to it. Not because they want the national exposure. But they definitely need it — for two reasons.

The series should enhance their poor image. They’re viewed as losers and perceived as criminals. They’ve had one winning season in 18 years and went through a stretch where 10 players were arrested in 15 incidents between December 2006 and June 2007.

That stigma lingers. Maybe HBO’s spin will knock it out.

And let’s not forget that season tickets are available for the first time in three years. Paul Brown Stadium is nowhere near sold out.

The Bengals don’t get any money from “Hard Knocks.” However, with 30 million HBO subscribers in 50 states, the team is bound to win some fans eager to cough up cash for tickets.

Remember: Team owner andpresident Mike Brown is a very smart businessman.

Steel-Bryan 07-03-2009 03:34 PM

Re: Carson doesn't want to be no TV star

Quote:

Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair (Post 622452)
http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...re-188529.html

I had just asked quarterback Carson Palmer how he feels about his teammates becoming HBO’s latest stars this summer when “Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cincinnati Bengals” unfolds from Georgetown (Ky.) College.

He didn’t utter a word. His body language said it all. Palmer will relish the scrutiny of NFL Films’ cameras and microphones about as much as he enjoyed rehabilitating his right elbow injury from a year ago when the tendon and ligament were detached from the bone.

As Associated Press reporter Joe Kay wrote: “The cable channel and NFL Films chose one of the least successful and most dysfunctional teams of the past 18 years” for the series.

And the Bengals agreed to it. Not because they want the national exposure. But they definitely need it — for two reasons.

The series should enhance their poor image. They’re viewed as losers and perceived as criminals. They’ve had one winning season in 18 years and went through a stretch where 10 players were arrested in 15 incidents between December 2006 and June 2007.

That stigma lingers. Maybe HBO’s spin will knock it out.

And let’s not forget that season tickets are available for the first time in three years. Paul Brown Stadium is nowhere near sold out.

The Bengals don’t get any money from “Hard Knocks.” However, with 30 million HBO subscribers in 50 states, the team is bound to win some fans eager to cough up cash for tickets.

LOL

Steeler in Carolina 07-04-2009 08:17 AM

For a team like the Bengals it is a good idea to do the Hard Knocks show. I know last year, HBO actually made the Cowboys look likable.

Hapa 07-04-2009 12:34 PM

They'll definitely show Chad a lot, because he <3's cameras, but I don't mind, he's funny.

lilyoder6 07-04-2009 12:40 PM

it will be entertaining for sure to watch...

just think.. roy williams gets to be on it again

tony hipchest 07-04-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair (Post 622452)

was that and president or antidepressant?

i guess. he's been selling shit to the people of cinncinatti for 18 years and some of them even like it. :hunch:

i guess if i could sell my feces, i would.

RoethlisBURGHer 07-04-2009 07:43 PM

Maybe this will finally be the end of Hard Knocks.

AllD 07-04-2009 10:00 PM

They should definitely sell out when Steeler fans buy up all the empty seats when the team rolls into town and makes it a home game.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool 07-04-2009 10:07 PM

I wonder how quick Carson wants to get out of Cincy at this point.

I imagine he'd be a pretty good QB for a different team.

Also for as bad as an owner I think that Lerner has been, Mike Browns makes him look like George Steinbrenner or a Rooney.

MasterOfPuppets 07-04-2009 10:31 PM

i think cinncinatti should just drop out of the NFL and join the new UFL league there's only 4 teams to beat thier ass in that league......if they'll take vick they shouldn't mind 53 other pieces of shit....:popcorn:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...r-debut-season