Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ohio State Football Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36739)

J Dogg 07-04-2009 10:00 AM

Ohio State Football Thread

Penn State has one.....now Ohio State has one.

St33lersguy 07-04-2009 09:24 PM

Re: Ohio State Football Thread

You a buckeye fan? You forgot the "the" at the beginning aswell :chuckle:

J Dogg 07-04-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St33lersguy (Post 622820)
You a buckeye fan? You forgot the "the" at the beginning aswell :chuckle:

I like any team that goes up against the "mighty" SEC for football superiority.

revefsreleets 07-06-2009 10:08 AM

According to some, you aren't allowed to be an OSU AND Steeler fan.

Be prepared to get slammed a lot by some of the less astute posters on this board...

J Dogg 07-06-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 623183)
According to some, you aren't allowed to be an OSU AND Steeler fan.

Be prepared to get slammed a lot by some of the less astute posters on this board...

I'm a native of Western Pa. I really don't care what other people think.

revefsreleets 07-06-2009 11:12 AM

Just giving you the heads up...there are a LOT of OSU haters on this board, and only a tiny few who actually deal in the facts.

atlsteelers 07-09-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 623210)
Just giving you the heads up...there are a LOT of OSU haters on this board, and only a tiny few who actually deal in the facts.

rev - you are about the only one who does not deal with the facts when it comes to OSU football. but hey you are a fan so its understandable. i am still waiting for that youtube video of you eating your hat!

revefsreleets 07-09-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlsteelers (Post 624287)
rev - you are about the only one who does not deal with the facts when it comes to OSU football. but hey you are a fan so its understandable. i am still waiting for that youtube video of you eating your hat!

I have posted so many stats and facts and figures it's ridiculous. They are a perennial top 5 program, an all-American and NFL factory, and one of the most storied college football programs of all time.

Even when I'm wrong (i.e. Laurinaitis) I wasn't THAT wrong...off by a dozen or so picks, and he WAS the first ILB taken.

Most of the anti-OSU bias around here resolves around some variation of the statement that " The Buckeyes suck!", so it's hardly difficult to bat that kind of (il)logic down...

atlsteelers 07-09-2009 12:17 PM

i have said many times that OSU is a great program.

but its time for some other big 10 schools to emerge from the pack. I like dogging the Big 10 and OSU's big game performaces reflects the current downturn of the Big 10.

revefsreleets 07-09-2009 12:35 PM

They are still only 1-2 in NCG's under Tressel. Let's not forget about 2002 just yet.

They've also WON some big games in the last few years...in Texas. In Happy Valley. In the Big House (Michigan WAS ranked #2 not so long ago).

The rumors of the Big Ten's demise have been greatly overstated...