Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Please say a prayer for my niece (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36816)

stillers4me 07-07-2009 09:53 PM

Please say a prayer for my niece

My 15 year old niece, Amanda, has been in intensive care at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh since last Thurday. She complained of hip pain all week and the doctor told them it was sciatic nerve pain. She was in so much pain on Thursday that she couldn't walk and was running a fever. My mom and my brother drove her an hour and a half to Pittsburgh and she has been battling some kind of infection and been on a morphine pump. First they said it was sepsis, then they said it was sacroilitis. Then possibly staph and then an abcess in the hip joint. I'm not sure they really know yet, but yesterday they changed her antibiotic and she finally started responding to it today.

The doctor told my brother today that if they had not gotten her to Children's when they did, that by Sunday all they would have been able to do was to make her comfortable and she would have died. Hopefully, she is on the mend, but a few extra prayers never hurt.

This is my niece that just received the cochlear implants because she is completely deaf. She's been through alot.

Thanks, friends. Sue

Galax Steeler 07-08-2009 04:05 AM

Re: Please say a prayer for my neice

Thoughts and prayers.

stlrtruck 07-08-2009 07:46 AM

Prayers for a miraculous healing to her body. One that amazes the doctors and astonishes her and her parents!

Prayers for God's Peace and Comfort to surround the family during this trying times.

BlastFurnace 07-08-2009 11:49 AM

Sue...I promise that I will pray for Amanda right now. Thanks for letting us know.

Dino 6 Rings 07-08-2009 11:59 AM

God Bless, prayers are with you.

fansince'76 07-08-2009 01:04 PM

Re: Please say a prayer for my niece

My deepest thoughts and prayers to Amanda. God bless.

PAMillerGrrl83 07-08-2009 09:31 PM

Thoughts and prayers for your niece!

devilsdancefloor 07-08-2009 10:52 PM

prayers for your niece are on the way!

HometownGal 07-09-2009 07:50 AM

Thank you for letting us know about Amanda, Sue, and I will most definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers. She is at Childrens Hospital in the Burgh and is in great hands!

Please keep us posted on how she is doing. :hug:

stillers4me 07-10-2009 12:18 PM

Thanks, everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Amanda is home recuperating at my brothers house. She'll need to be hooked up to antibiotics for another three weeks and still has pain in her hip but it looks like they found the right antibiotic. She must have had one of those new, stubborn suprebugs that they say are becoming antibiotic resistant. Vancomycin didn't even work. Scary stuff.