Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   PSL Question (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36844)

TerribleChuck 07-09-2009 10:37 AM

PSL Question

Hi everybody,

I have two questions on seat licenses.

1) If you are able to buy a PSL directly from the waiting list (yeah I know, it's up to April 1995 and not moving fast) what is the costs per seat license?

2) If you already own PSLs are you able to trade-in or upgrade your PSLs from season to season? i.e. get better seats? Or is that not realistic?

Since my waiting list number order is 2007 I realize itís probably going to be a good thirty years to ever get to me. On the first question I was just curious what the charge is for buying PSLs directly. Also, Iíve been looking to buy PSLs from somebody. Have prices risen quite a bit since the super bowl wins or donít they move that much given the overall demand?
Thanks!
Chuck

Sharkissle29 07-09-2009 02:41 PM

Re: PSL Question

i figure to just buy one from craigslist or something when i have the money. its gonna cost a ton, but you have to look at it like its an investment...

rather not wait 30 years. but ya, i cant answer any of your questions...lol, just thought i'd throw my .02 in

7willBheaven 07-09-2009 02:47 PM

Heres what i have learned from various PSL holders...

Sometimes you are given the chance to upgrade your seats/etc.

As far as the PSL cost...I've been told for the license its around the $4-5K mark. Not including tickets of course. But that is a one time fee.

And yeah a lot of people out there who are selling their PSLs are charging HUGE amounts...i've seen some that for like 2 seats wanted like $30,000...i've seen some more but still...there were a couple people who were fair and just wanted to get what they paid for the PSLs and this years tickets/parking passes. Also make sure anyone you buy them from mentioned about going to the Steelers ticket office and taking care of things, because you do need to do that. If they make it sound like you pay the money and BAM its done, i wouldnt trust.

Hope this helps!

stillhead 07-10-2009 11:24 AM

the psl's directly from the steelers for 500 level seats cost $250 per seat when you are called off the list. as least that's what they were 2 years ago. the end zone 500 seats are non psl seats. those people did not pay any psl fees when heinz opened.

in order to upgrade you have to send the steelers a letter, every year, explaining why you want to upgrade your seats. ie: you don't want to walk all the way to row ll, bad knees whatever. i know they did not move anyone last year or this year. the only time they can do this is if they take someone off the waiting list(very rarely done) or someone turns their seats in(again very rare).

i lucked out, my friend got called off the waiting list for 4 seats in 2008, he only wanted 2 so i bought the psl's for the other 2.

TerribleChuck 07-13-2009 02:07 AM

Thanks to everybody that repiled with helpful input. Much love to steelhead too for information.