Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers courting Ty Law (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=377)

BlitzburghRockCity 03-11-2005 11:49 AM

Steelers courting Ty Law

Wow !! imagine picking him up. Assuming he's fully healed from his injury, that would immediately upgrade the other side opposite Deshea..

The Steelers welcomed former New England cornerback Ty Law, an unrestricted free agent after being cut by the Patriots in late February, for a visit to their South Side practice facility on Thursday.
Law, 31, is a 10-year veteran, a four-time AFC Pro Bowl selection and a three-time Super Bowl champion.

He's also an Aliquippa High School graduate.

Law met extensively with Steelers head coach Bill Cowher and was walked to the parking lot by defensive backs coach Darren Perry and assistant defensive backs coach Ray Horton, who took Law to lunch..

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_312267.html

clevestinks 03-11-2005 02:15 PM

Re: Steelers courting Ty Law

Wow , they may be sweet, can we afford him though?? I guess all the talk about Coc and Ike may be for nothing. I doubt it though. I just don`t see us signing Law

HinesWard4Life8682 03-11-2005 04:06 PM

Wow imagine having ty law in the black and gold, he might not be explosive player he once was but he still needs to be noticed on the field, he is a smart veteran who makes big plays when u need them the most. He'll really help against the Colts too if we got him. Manning doesnt have a good history against him. It would be great to get him. But he does need alot of money like cleve said and he just got off a very serious injury

Ironman 03-11-2005 05:12 PM

I love the thought... but I don't think it will happen given the money he would require. He would be a mentor to our young guys though and that may be worth the pay-out.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-11-2005 05:58 PM

At this point, they are hoping he'll come back to his home town and play for alittle less money, to be back in the area he grew up in. I dont know if he'd be willing to do that, but u never know.

clevestinks 03-11-2005 06:52 PM

We like the hometown guys, Logan,Batch,Cowher, Darreen Perry. And some others. This may be all it takes. Plus he wants to get back to the Superbowl. Pittsburgh, Philly, Ne and maybe Atl, right now give him his best shot. Not to mention what better way to get back at NE.

Steelersfan 03-11-2005 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
We like the hometown guys, Logan,Batch,Cowher, Darreen Perry. And some others. This may be all it takes. Plus he wants to get back to the Superbowl. Pittsburgh, Philly, Ne and maybe Atl, right now give him his best shot. Not to mention what better way to get back at NE.

YES!!! Get back at the Pats! :thmbup:

JerseySTEEL 03-12-2005 02:24 AM

would want to see him run on that foot and plus dont know if he would play for our pay that well prob give him.

clevestinks 03-12-2005 06:57 AM

Jersey money probably ould be an issue, but like everyone said, he be coming home, this may be his best shot at another ring, PRICELESS

BlitzburghRockCity 03-12-2005 09:02 AM

Rooney impressed w/ Law..

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_312627.html

teelers Chairman Dan Rooney was among those in the organization to come away with a positive opinion of former Patriots cornerback Ty Law upon first glance.

"He's a fine young man," Rooney said Friday, the day after Law, an unrestricted free agent, popped into the Steelers' South Side practice facility for a visit.

Law, an Aliquippa native and an Aliquippa High School graduate, was released by the Patriots in a salary-cap purge in late-February.

His trip to see the Steelers wasn't quite the result of a spur-of-the-moment impulse, but nor was it a much-anticipated, weeks-in-the-making event.

"He was here to visit his mother, really," Rooney said. "I don't know if it was the agent's idea or if he just called and said 'why don't I come on over?' Kevin (Colbert, the Steelers' Director of Football Operations) said 'we'd love to see you.'

"He's a great kid. He made a great first impression."

Rooney remains skeptical the Steelers will be able to come to contractual terms with Law, who was on the books to count $12.5 million against the Patriots' salary cap in 2005.