Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   a strange road to diehard Steeler fandom (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3779)

aphiz 01-15-2006 11:20 PM

a strange road to diehard Steeler fandom

Well maybe not that strange. Back in elementary school, practically the only video game me and my friends use to ever play was Super Tecmo Bowl for the original NES. I got so good after a while that my friends would only play me if I handicapped myself by using a crappy team. After looking at Pittsburgh's starting offensive roster of Bubby Brister, Merril Hoge and Louis Lipps, it was concluded that you couldn't get much crappier than that. And so for the rest of my Tecmo Bowl career, I used Pittsburgh exclusively. So naturaly this affectionate bond I developed with the Steelers inside the video game world manifested itself as a passionate allegiance to the real life Steelers. The first game I vividly remember rooting for them was when they lost to the Joe Montana led Chiefs in the playoffs in '92 or '93. Anyways I've lived in Northern California my entire life, so sadly there arent too many terrible towels being waved out here.

After watching hours of post game news conferences and analysis today, I still had some more playoff victory relishing to do, so thats what led me to these forums. Its definitely been fun reading everyone elses rants and raves and boastings and sighs of relief.

Favorite Steeler: Greg Lloyd, The Nastiest Man in Football

Prosdo 01-15-2006 11:22 PM

Re: a strange road to diehard Steeler fandom

Hey Aphiz! Welcome to SF! Enjoy the boards! :sign01:

BlitzburghRockCity 01-16-2006 12:40 AM

Welcome to SF :tt:

Koopa 01-16-2006 12:58 AM

welcome to SF mayne, hope you enjoy it

SteelerFanInATL 01-19-2006 06:35 AM

Welcome to the best fan site on the internet. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Milkman 01-19-2006 04:06 PM

Welcome and make yourself at home to the best site on the 'net!

SteelR1 01-19-2006 04:26 PM

Welcome to the site and the GREATEST FANS IN ALL OF FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly 01-20-2006 04:00 PM

Welcome to the boards.

SteelerzGirl 01-23-2006 07:53 AM

Welcome to Steelers Fever, aphiz! GO STEELERS! :bouncy: