Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What team will sign Micheal Vick ? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=37796)

Venom 08-13-2009 09:36 AM

What team will sign Micheal Vick ?

Lets get the poll going. I have no idea where he will land. So I'll take the first crack at it. Ill say he will go to the Rams .

xfl2001fan 08-13-2009 09:53 AM

Re: What team will sign Micheal Vick ?

I think it's Orlando (of the UFL). They offer him the most money (and he is in debt). He'll be able to get his feel for the game back (what little feel he had) against lesser competition.

If not Orlando...then I see him going to Cinci as insurance against oft-injured Palmer.

arge5809 08-13-2009 10:08 AM

How about Minnesota or San Fransisco? But need a QB.

J Dogg 08-13-2009 10:14 AM

:wink02:Pittsburgh. Tomorrow monring after the Cardinals game they're going to announce it.

RoethlisBURGHer 08-13-2009 11:22 AM

ESPN is saying that the Ravens are seriously considering him.

I don't think he will be signed by an NFL team.

He would be a huge distraction.

There will be fans that will be outraged by the signing. Fellow players very well might not be happy with it.

There will be protests inside and outside of the stadiums. PETA won't be the worst of them either. There are more militia-type animal rights groups out there that won't be looking to hold signs and chant and yell...they will be looking for confrontations with fans. Don't want to get attacked? Don't go to the game.

Not to mention, what position would he even play?

He was a bad quarterback. Most teams run an offense that is passing oriented, not oriented to a QB who's main talent is running a la Vick. His stats throwing the ball render him a backup, but you can find a backup just as good (or is it bad?) who brings a lot less drama to the team.

Wide receiver? Can he run routes and catch the ball???Nobody knows, he has been a quarterback for so long. Is he worth a roster spot just to find out?

Running back? After all, he was most known for running as a quarterback. But a running quarterback is different from a running back. I don't think he can hold up as a RB, he'll get hit very hard.

Just for gadget plays or the wildcat? Is he even worth all the trouble for that? I really do not think so.

He hasn't played NFL football in two years. I would guarantee that Vick isn't anywhere near close to football shape. He very well might have lost a step or two in his speed which makes him even less of a threat.

I just don't see how it would be wise for any NFL team to take the chance on Vick.

steelreserve 08-13-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arge5809 (Post 637749)
How about Minnesota or San Fransisco? But need a QB.

That's what I was thinking. Both are stupid for not bringing him in. I don't care how bad of a passer people say Vick is -- it's indisputable that he's been good enough to get to the playoffs if he's got decent talent around him. Teams like the Vikings and 49ers don't even have that. All Vick has to do is not be an absolutely HORRIBLE quarterback and he'd be an upgrade for them.

In reality, the team that signs him will probably be whoever's starter goes down with a serious injury by Week 6.

There won't be mass protests or boycotts. People have much more important priorities in life. If anything, there will be a handful of disgruntled people protesting the first game, and then it'll die out except for 15 PETA nutcases who just make themselves look stupid.

cubanstogie 08-13-2009 04:16 PM

Its just a matter of time before some team loses its starter. This is stab in the dark but I think Hasslebeck will go down and the seahags will sign him.

sixstringlass 08-13-2009 04:25 PM

I've been thinking that Denver is probably going to sign him, probably right after the preseason when they see how bad Orton really is.

steelax04 08-13-2009 07:35 PM

2 year deal with the Eagles.

X-Terminator 08-13-2009 07:36 PM

Oh boy...Eagles fans are NOT going to like this. It should be fun to watch, though.