Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fans United (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Steeler Bar In Paris, France??? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38044)

MDSteel 08-21-2009 03:27 PM

Steeler Bar In Paris, France???

I am having a hard time finding a Steeler bar in Paris, will be there for the Bears game and not sure if the hotel has the NASN on the tv. If anyone lives in Paris and surfs this site please hook me up with a steeler bar or a sports bar that will show the game. it will be 10pm kick off over in paris and on a Sunday night so I may be out of luck, I have only found 1 bar from canada and can not get a email back from them as to say if they will show game. Worst case I will walk around all day with a Steelers shirt and hat on and hope someone says something to me and maybe I can find out that way.

one side only 08-21-2009 03:39 PM

Re: Steeler Bar In Paris, France???

Try the Great Canadian

25, quai des Grands Augustins, Paris 75006

complete list here:

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelern...rbars_list.asp

rich4eagle 08-21-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSteel (Post 642308)
I am having a hard time finding a Steeler bar in Paris, will be there for the Bears game and not sure if the hotel has the NASN on the tv. If anyone lives in Paris and surfs this site please hook me up with a steeler bar or a sports bar that will show the game. it will be 10pm kick off over in paris and on a Sunday night so I may be out of luck, I have only found 1 bar from canada and can not get a email back from them as to say if they will show game. Worst case I will walk around all day with a Steelers shirt and hat on and hope someone says something to me and maybe I can find out that way.

rather than finding a Steeler Bar find Bars that have Skye TV and can get the games. First each week find the Skye Channel showing Steeler games and be ready to ask the proprietor if they can get that channel. The process is not easy. Finding a place with NFL ticket would be easiest and then the Steelers may not be part of the European package. Then ask the respective Bar to show the game on the respective channel. Finding a Steeler bar in France is like finding a French Maid bar in Oklahoma:tt::tt:

MasterOfPuppets 08-21-2009 09:20 PM

football in france ? :huh: i doubt they'd understand the game... once they see the violence of it, they'd just keep asking why don't they just surrender ? :noidea:

Busforever 08-24-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 642468)
football in france ? :huh: i doubt they'd understand the game... once they see the violence of it, they'd just keep asking why don't they just surrender ? :noidea:

This is a young sport which grows up slowly but surely in France. I'm french, football is my passion since 1996, I play center and I coach. Hopefully french and international football fans don't care about american stereotypes or cliché, so they will share their passion with enthusiasm outside USA:wink02:

In France, I often have to answer to some questions as "you like american football, so you like George Bush right?", "you like american football, so you like war, right?". I think I'm the wrong guy on both sides:toofunny:

JackHammer 08-24-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busforever (Post 644255)
This is a young sport which grows up slowly but surely in France. I'm french, football is my passion since 1996, I play center and I coach. Hopefully french and international football fans don't care about american stereotypes or cliché, so they will share their passion with enthusiasm outside USA:wink02:

In France, I often have to answer to some questions as "you like american football, so you like George Bush right?", "you like american football, so you like war, right?". I think I'm the wrong guy on both sides:toofunny:

Just ignore the assholes and keep having fun playing football. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. :drink:

Jackal 08-26-2009 02:54 PM

Ask them if they like soccer (or football everywhere else but here) and if they do, say "so you like sucking d**k, right?"

Seriously, though, it's great that you are such a huge supporter of American football over there...definite cool points.