Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38108)

varmintjcl 08-23-2009 10:01 PM

New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

I'm glad I'm not a Cardnials fan!!!

http://www.abc15.com/content/sports/...J3eLoyfPA.cspx

fansince'76 08-23-2009 10:10 PM

Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

Doesn't matter - most of that bandwagon will be clearing out en masse when it becomes apparent that last year was a fluke and they start to suck again anyway.

NEPAsteeler 08-23-2009 10:48 PM

Wait......... the Cardinals have fans? :noidea:

Galax Steeler 08-24-2009 04:40 AM

That has to suck cant even go and enjoy the game outside of the stadium.:noidea:

steelreserve 08-24-2009 01:04 PM

I think what this is really about is trying to drive more people into the oh-so-trendy shopping center filled with 90% bars and restaurants that they built across the street. They're not selling many $7 beers when people are standing around in the parking lot drinking Olde English instead:

http://z.about.com/d/phoenix/1/0/V/S...tycenter01.jpg

I've actually been there to witness this by pure coincidence (I was on business, staying at the hotel in the top-right of the picture), and the shopping center was not exactly packed even right before the game. It's a pretty stupid shopping center -- just one sports-themed restaurant after another, with a couple stores selling nonsense luxury items. You can't possibly buy anything you'd want or need in everyday life, and it's also in the middle of nowhere, so nobody has any reason to go there except when there's a game.

varmintjcl 08-24-2009 07:33 PM

We went there to have dinner one evening with family visiting from out of town. After being brushed off and made to wait at one of the very expensive sports bars after being told there was no wait, we went to margaritaville thinking oh cool experience.....bad choice, food was inedible and it was way too expensive as well.
They are really proud of their food and drinks there.

I've had two experiences in that stadium and I will never go back............the so called bird fans have an attitude that "it's our stadium and you don't belong" although the idiots don't realize its all the hotel & rental car taxes that paid for it.

mesaSteeler 08-24-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varmintjcl (Post 644276)
We went there to have dinner one evening with family visiting from out of town. After being brushed off and made to wait at one of the very expensive sports bars after being told there was no wait, we went to margaritaville thinking oh cool experience.....bad choice, food was inedible and it was way too expensive as well.
They are really proud of their food and drinks there.

I've had two experiences in that stadium and I will never go back............the so called bird fans have an attitude that "it's our stadium and you don't belong" although the idiots don't realize its all the hotel & rental car taxes that paid for it.

Hell not just hotel and rental car taxes but an actural county sales tax paid for the "bird cage". It's typical Bozo Bidwell and his clan of clowns to ban tail gating. Bozo Bidwell doesn't care about the fans he only cares about their money.

HometownGal 08-24-2009 09:14 PM

I dunno - I've never really been into tailgating, as many of those drunks are obnoxious and just plain rude as hell to fans going into the stadium who paid a king's ransom for their tickets. I have experienced heavily intoxicated fans tailgating when trying to get through the parking lots at both TRS and HF. WTH are they bitching about anyway? They're still permitted to tailgate for 4 hours before the game and take their drunken asses to a bar or better yet - to their private residences. Cops could write a boatload of citations and make a ton of DUI arrests if they manned the perimeters of sports facilities before, during and after games. Though I'm not a huge drinker, I much prefer the comfort of my own home if I'm going to tie one on during a Steelers game, which happens once in a blue moon. That way, I'm not at risk of mowing down an unsuspecting fan or pissing my pants because I had too much to drink.

SteelersinCA 08-25-2009 12:40 AM

Funny thing is, I ahve a friend on Facebook and I saw her pictures of the Chargers/Cards game and there wasn't hardly anyone in the parking lot anyway. So much for the Super bowl turning football around for AZ.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool 08-25-2009 01:37 AM

Arizona and Florida are transplant states.

Combine that with the fact that the Cardinals were never really all that great with the exception of last year, you probably have a pretty small fan base.

I'd venture to say there are more Steeler, Cowboy and Browns fans combined in the state of Arizona than actual Cards fans.

Hell, I recall in '07, I saw many orange and brown in the crowd on TV broadcasts, the exact same thing with the Steelers and terrible towels at the Steelers/Cards game.

Just thought I'd rant on that a bit..carry on.