Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fan since '72 - first football game in Pittsburgh (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38147)

onegooddaddy 08-24-2009 11:56 PM

Fan since '72 - first football game in Pittsburgh

Been a fan since the '72 Immaculate Reception but never been to Pittsburgh. Been living in Nashville since '86 and lived in Houston (Oilers) prior to Nashville. Had a friend who played for the Oilers but he knew where my heart was. Coming to Pittsburgh for the Titans game. Even though we won the Super Bowl I want to see how the Steelers will pay the Titans back for stepping on the Terrible Towel last year. I was at that game when Lendale White and Keith Bulluck did it. My minister and I are the only two Steeler fans in my church. Everybody else are Titan fans. We're coming to Pittsburgh for the first time. We're staying in a hotel 3-4 miles from the stadium. We're driving in about 3:00 on Thursday. Should we park near the stadium, catch a ride on the ferry, or take a taxi to the Hilton and go across the Roberto Clemente bridge? What time should we get to the stadium? This is the first forum I've ever been involved in. I've had 37 years of football bliss watching the black and gold.

Galax Steeler 08-25-2009 03:27 AM

Re: Fan since '72 - first football game in Pittsburgh

Welcome to the board.

SteelersMongol 08-26-2009 08:31 PM

Welcome & enjoy.

HometownGal 08-28-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onegooddaddy (Post 644409)
We're driving in about 3:00 on Thursday. Should we park near the stadium, catch a ride on the ferry, or take a taxi to the Hilton and go across the Roberto Clemente bridge? What time should we get to the stadium? This is the first forum I've ever been involved in. I've had 37 years of football bliss watching the black and gold.

Hiya onegooddaddy and welcome to Steelers Fever! :wave::tt02::drink:

Parking anywhere near or at the stadium is very pricey. I live in the Burgh and when I attend Steelers games, I park at Station Square (across the Smithfield Street Bridge) and take the shuttle over. Parking at Station Square is fairly cheap and a round-trip ticket on the shuttle over to HF is $10.00. It is a very nice little jaunt down and across the rivers and they sell beer on the boat. After the game, there are several nice sports lounges/bars in and around Station Square the some nice eateries inside Station Square itself. Here is the info on the Steelers shuttle:

http://www.gatewayclipper.com/pittsb...eldshuttle.asp

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip to the Burgh and a Steelers victory! :tt03::tt::tt02:

7SteelGal43 08-28-2009 05:39 PM

Dude, you are gonna have an excellent time. The city, the fans, the atmosphere......it don't get no better :tt03: Too bad ya didn't get to see a game at Three Rivers. I went to a game there during it's last season. I think I'll put a post up soon 'bout my experience.

mesaSteeler 08-29-2009 12:38 AM

Welcome aboard!

stb_steeler 08-31-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onegooddaddy (Post 644409)
Been a fan since the '72 Immaculate Reception but never been to Pittsburgh. Been living in Nashville since '86 and lived in Houston (Oilers) prior to Nashville. Had a friend who played for the Oilers but he knew where my heart was. Coming to Pittsburgh for the Titans game. Even though we won the Super Bowl I want to see how the Steelers will pay the Titans back for stepping on the Terrible Towel last year. I was at that game when Lendale White and Keith Bulluck did it. My minister and I are the only two Steeler fans in my church. Everybody else are Titan fans. We're coming to Pittsburgh for the first time. We're staying in a hotel 3-4 miles from the stadium. We're driving in about 3:00 on Thursday. Should we park near the stadium, catch a ride on the ferry, or take a taxi to the Hilton and go across the Roberto Clemente bridge? What time should we get to the stadium? This is the first forum I've ever been involved in. I've had 37 years of football bliss watching the black and gold.

Your gonna love it!!!!! I parked at one of the parking garages a block from station square, it only cost me $5.00. Ya cant beat that and the walk across the bridge is awesome. I got some sweet pics off the bridge right at sunset. Have a good time as we all know you will. Yell for all of us that wont be at the game.