Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   McNabb booed? "We want Vick!" (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38258)

Fire Haley 08-28-2009 09:33 AM

McNabb booed? "We want Vick!"

Didn't you hear the McNabb booing? I hope this move bites McNabb and Reid in the ass.

"We want Vick! We want Vick!" it's already started.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...ick-skys-limit

Another potential problem is that whenever McNabb struggles, fans may clamor for Vick.

"It will be an interesting dynamic if Michael Vick plays well and Donovan McNabb doesn't," Esiason said. "In Philadelphia, all hell could break loose."

Even Thursday night, there was a brief moment when fans chanted, "We want Vick." It sounded funny Thursday. It will not sound funny in November if the Eagles are on a losing streak.

"McNabb is one of the few quarterbacks who is so established that he can handle it," said Phil Simms, former Giants quarterback and current CBS analyst. "But it will happen in Philly. Sooner or later they will want Michael Vick to be quarterback this year, I don't care how McNabb's playing. McNabb seems to handle problems pretty well. But if you make me say yes or no, I'd say yes, it's probably going to be a problem."

43Hitman 08-28-2009 10:16 AM

Re: McNabb booed? "We want Vick!"

Kind of hard to believe that both fan bases(Steelers/Eagles) are in the same state. They are polar opposites of each other.

HometownGal 08-28-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 43Hitman (Post 646254)
Kind of hard to believe that both fan bases(Steelers/Eagles) are in the same state. They are polar opposites of each other.

Aint that the truth?

Eagles fans are the most fickle (and ignorant) fans in the NFL. As soon as Vick makes even the slightest mistake, they'll pelt him with snowballs and whatever else they can get their drunken little mitts on. Hell - they threw snowballs at and booed Santa Claus a few years back. :shake02:

fansince'76 08-28-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 43Hitman (Post 646254)

I very distinctly recall hearing the same crap last season with Ben/Lefty. The ONLY thing that saved us from about ten thousand "Ben sucks," and "Ben: the $102 Million Bust" threads this offseason was his performance in the postseason and SB. And following the first bad game Ben has this season people will be right back to riding his ass again. No, in this regard, Eagles fans and Steelers fans are very much alike, like it or not.

SteelCityMan786 08-28-2009 10:39 AM

It won't surprise me if they turn on Vick just as fast.

43Hitman 08-28-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 646271)
I very distinctly recall hearing the same crap last season with Ben/Lefty. The ONLY thing that saved us from about ten thousand "Ben sucks," and "Ben: the $102 Million Bust" threads this offseason was his performance in the postseason and SB. And the first bad game Ben has this season people will be right back to riding his ass again. No, in this regard, Eagles fans and Steelers fans are very much alike, like it or not.

Yeah, but the fans were not booing Ben and chanting Lefty. Or throwing shit at players, or Santa Clause for that matter.

revefsreleets 08-28-2009 11:22 AM

McNabb is still one of the best QB's in the NFL.His 85 QBR ain't great, but it's a full 10 points higher than Vicks. McNabb also has a very nice 194 TD/90 INT ratio, and is no slouch running averaging 5.8 a carry over the years and 26 rushing TD's. McNabb is also a fairly model citizen by NFL standards.

The fans in Philly are idiots.

KeiselPower99 08-28-2009 11:52 AM

My buddy is a Eagles fan and cannot stand Vick and couldnt stand Reid before. He said id they win 5 games this year he will be happy.

St33lersguy 08-28-2009 12:09 PM

Didn't McNabb carry the team to 5 NFC championship games, winning one over Vick. McNabb is the better QB, Vick is mediocre plus he hasn't played in 3 years. Eagles fans are idiots.

PisnNapalm 08-28-2009 01:48 PM

McNabb is a head case. Its already eating into McNabb's psyche.