Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Is this a good deal? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38270)

NEPAsteeler 08-28-2009 07:30 PM

Is this a good deal?

I'm not sure if this is in the right spot. If it's not, I do appologize.

There's a local travel company in my area that offers various Steelers packages. The one I'm looking into includes tickets to the game, the bus (it's about a 5 1/2 hour drive from where I live to Pittsburgh), a night in the same hotel the Steelers stay (atleast according to the travel company, in the Hilton), and a Pre-Game all you can eat tailgate that includes appetizers, chili, Shaved Roast Beef in Gravy, Shrimp Scampi over pasta, Home Made Pierogies, Ziti Marinara w/Meatballs, Popcorn Chicken Bites, Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers and Hot Dogs and drinks.

All this for $400 per person. I think this is a good deal. Anyone else think so?

tony hipchest 08-28-2009 07:33 PM

Re: Is this a good deal?

im there! :thumbsup:

hindes204 08-28-2009 07:40 PM

how many tickets...and where are the seats

NEPAsteeler 08-28-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hindes204 (Post 646528)
how many tickets...and where are the seats

This package is for two tickets in the upper endzone. They offer packages that include tickets for any section in the stadium. I don't have a problem sitting in the upper endzone. That's where I sat the last time I went to game in '07.

TerribleChuck 08-31-2009 01:59 AM

If it's 400 for two people or $200 per person, then yeah, take it. Good deal. The face value alone on upper endzone is around $45 and that's face, not inflated after market. Which is gonna run you over $100 per seat. And then Hilton Stay and travel and food.

Yeah, book it.

Preacher 08-31-2009 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler (Post 646525)

There's a local travel company in my area that offers various Steelers packages. The one I'm looking into includes tickets to the game, the bus (it's about a 5 1/2 hour drive from where I live to Pittsburgh), a night in the same hotel the Steelers stay (atleast according to the travel company, in the Hilton), and a Pre-Game all you can eat tailgate that includes appetizers, chili, Shaved Roast Beef in Gravy, Shrimp Scampi over pasta, Home Made Pierogies, Ziti Marinara w/Meatballs, Popcorn Chicken Bites, Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers and Hot Dogs and drinks.

All this for $400 per person. I think this is a good deal. Anyone else think so?

When my wife and I go to Pittsburgh, we end up spending about 2500 on the trip. You're asking about 400? :chuckle:

(we also have to fly, and that is about 600 more already. Then we stay for about 3-4 days.

stb_steeler 09-05-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler (Post 646525)

OOOH yeah. Action Jackson asking $409 a person with one night hotel stay, and they didnt specify what hotel and no mentioning of tailgate party.......My next time to Heinz field i might check into a local travel company.

arge5809 09-10-2009 05:47 PM

Whats the name of the travel company?

NEPAsteeler 09-15-2009 09:40 PM

Just booked everything today! We went with the cheaper hotel and instead got better seats at the game. I'm pumped and CANNOT wait!