Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Courtney Brown to be released (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=384)

clevestinks 03-12-2005 03:26 PM

Courtney Brown to be released

I know all of us yinzers from the burgh remember when Courtney Brown was an animal at Penn State. Would you pick this guy up , if you could get him cheap? I know he is always hurt, but he so athletic thatif you could slim him down he may make a great LB

BlitzburghRockCity 03-12-2005 03:51 PM

Re: Courtney Brown to be released

if we could get him real real cheap i would. he's been so injury plagued his career, and when he wasnt healthy, he was an underachiever for the most part. He could flourish under lebeau though I think.. but I certainly would break the bank on him.

clevestinks 03-12-2005 03:53 PM

would never evn cosider breaking the bank, cheap is my middle name, I do hate mortgaging the future

BlitzburghRockCity 03-12-2005 03:55 PM

especially w/ our cap situation being so close to the line... and we're gonna need a good DL to groom, since kimo's not getting any younger or cheaper.

Brownskikass 03-12-2005 07:46 PM

Courtney was injured a lot, but when he was healthy he was a beast....Had like 8 sacks in his only healthy year....Sad to see him go because with Romeo Crennel and our new conditioning program, he could've been a beast...Oh well....

ironcitychef 03-13-2005 09:52 AM

No offense because I am liking the diversity, but conditioning program? You all are excited about your new coach because he has a new way of doing jumping jacks? I don't know man, looks like it might be another long season in Cleveland. How about addressing the run defense?

BlitzburghRockCity 03-13-2005 10:11 AM

x2.. in the afc north especially, if u cant stop the run, u cant stop anything. Everybody loves to run the ball.

clevestinks 03-13-2005 01:25 PM

The brownies just like wasting big money on high no.1`s and cutting them 3 years later. Brown, couch, Warren, if we wait we can get that bum Winslow in a couple years

BlitzburghRockCity 03-14-2005 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
The brownies just like wasting big money on high no.1`s and cutting them 3 years later. Brown, couch, Warren, if we wait we can get that bum Winslow in a couple years

:toofunny: :toofunny: signing w/ the browns pretty much guarantees you'll end up a free agent or out of football w/ in 5 years. They cant keep anybody healthy, happy, or productive long enough to reach any potential.

Brownskikass 03-14-2005 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcitychef
No offense because I am liking the diversity, but conditioning program? You all are excited about your new coach because he has a new way of doing jumping jacks? I don't know man, looks like it might be another long season in Cleveland. How about addressing the run defense?

Well are conditioning program had a lot to do with our injuries.....WHo knows....with a new program, could make our team healthier