Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The lack of smack is interesting... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3840)

BlitzburghRockCity 01-16-2006 09:01 PM

The lack of smack is interesting...

Well since the Cincy playoff game we havent had much talk in here... so this tells me that either we just dont enough Bronco or Colt fans who like to smack talk here on SF.. or it tells me that the Broncos and Colts fans are more classy...

take your choice :laughing:

Milkman 01-16-2006 09:03 PM

Re: The lack of smack is interesting...

Either way is fine with me. I can't wait 'til Sunday though. :tt:

CantStop85 01-16-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Well since the Cincy playoff game we havent had much talk in here... so this tells me that either we just dont enough Bronco or Colt fans who like to smack talk here on SF.. or it tells me that the Broncos and Colts fans are more classy...

They're just afraid to say anything. Bengal fans will smack talk even after their team loses. :bouncy:

tony hipchest 01-16-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85
Bengal fans will smack talk even after their team loses. :bouncy:

thats from years of practice

Cape Cod Steel Head 01-17-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity

I lived out there for awhile, and the fans,and people of not just Denver,but Colo. are a pretty classy bunch. Unless your a Raiders Fan!

clevestinks 01-17-2006 03:44 PM

Cinci and Pats fans were here every week all year. And most are very knowledgable football fans. The brownies and colts fans just showed up to runneth thy mouth. But couldn`t back it up. I do`nt think we had the respect going into Cinci for the first playoff game, that we have now. Even after Cinci, most thought the outcome may be different with Palmer in the game. Although we were favored on the road.
Now after the whooping we put on the Colts, everyone is taking notice, and jumping on the bandwagon. Little did they know, like we all did, that we have a great football team, our record was 11-5 without ben for four weeks. We are now healthy. We Will Win! And Denver knows it.

Denver bring on the smack! But don`t go away afterwards, we enjoy our enemy fans.

Suitanim 01-17-2006 04:32 PM

Denver is probably because they have the same "Circle the wagons and protect your own" mentality we do as fans. Not much respect from the media or opposing fans all year means you spend all your time just defending your own team.

The Colts had a few smack talkers (remember, ICH originally showed up here as a Colts troll, until we found out he was just a fan of whatever team was winning), but they weren't very good. I don't know what their deal was.

The Bungals had their own built-in base of posters, and that's an easy one. They are so out of practice at winning, they simply didn't know how to do it.

hardwork 01-17-2006 05:20 PM

"the whooping we put on the Colts"

The whooping? The Whooping??

You came within a blink of an eye of lossing that game. A Colts reciever had his hands on the winning touchdown pass.

What we did to the Colts in last years playoffs was a whooping.

SteelCityMan786 01-17-2006 05:26 PM

We're trying not to talk too much smack. We don't want the Broncos to be motivated to win. we want the Doncs to go down HARD.

SalukiSteelers 01-17-2006 05:50 PM

I think that a lack of noise out of Denver is because they actually understand football a little better than the ya-hoo's in Indy and Cincy. Broncos fans have consistently seen winning football and the playoffs so they realize that anything can happen after kickoff. Plus, with the butt-kicking the Steelers laid on the Colts maybe Broncos fans think that Pittsburgh will send some horses to the glue factory for the second-straight weekend.